10 Best Boning Knives for Deer, Beef and Chicken in 2020
As you know, the best flavors come from the meat closest to the bone. In order to obtain these portions, you will need a well-made boning knife. The long, thin blades of a boning knife assist you in navigating around the bones of your protein so that you can reach the most savory pieces of meat.
Boning knives should be comfortable but still provide excellent performance in removing bones and fat. You will need the tip of the knife to be pointed while the remainder of the blade should be very sharp but still quite flexible.
We at Smokey Steak Ranch have researched all of the bestselling boning knives that are available on today’s market so that we can present to you a list of amazing options.
We know how important each cut of meat is, and want to help you find the best boning knife to add to your home kitchen.
- 1 List of the 10 Best Boning Knives for the Money:
- 1.1 1. Millennia 6-Inch Curved Boning Knife from Mercer Culinary
- 1.2 2. Victorinox Swiss Army Cutlery Fibrox Pro Curved Boning Knife
- 1.3 3. Victorinox Swiss Army Cutlery Straight Blade Boning Knife
- 1.4 4. Mercer Culinary Genesis Boning Knife
- 1.5 5. Mercer Culinary Ultimate Curved Boning Knife
- 1.6 6. Dexter-Russell S131F-6PCP Boning Knife
- 1.7 7. Kessaku Boning Knife – Dynasty Series
- 1.8 8. Rada Cutlery Carving Knife
- 1.9 9. Dalstrong Boning Knife – Shogun Series
- 1.10 10. LedgeON Professional Boning Knife
- 2 Making the Decision
Our Top Recommended Boning Knives
- The Millennia boning knife from Mercer Culinary is made of high-quality, Japanese steel that is durable and extremely resistant to rust and discoloration. This knife comes with an ergonomic handle that is very is comfortable and provides safety various features to help to protect your fingers while in use. Precise and easy to use, this boning knife is made with quality construction that is built to last.
- The Victorinox Swiss Army curved boning knife has a thin and flexible blade with a Fibrox Handle that is ergonomic, durable and provides a comfortable but safe non-slip grip. The point of the blade will allow you to pierce the meat at the exact area you desire while its curvature provides you with a smooth performance and clean cuts every time. This curved boning knife is dishwasher safe, durable and simple to use.
- The Victorinox Swiss Army straight blade knife provides excellent performance and comfort while severing any type of meat from its bone. With its ergonomic handle and non slip grip, you will be able to continue using this knife through the entire length of your meal prep without feeling any fatigue in your hand or wrist. Well-balanced and light-weight for extremely easy handling; this straight blade boning knife will be a staple tool that you will use consistently in your kitchen.
List of the 10 Best Boning Knives for the Money:
1. Millennia 6-Inch Curved Boning Knife from Mercer Culinary
First on our list is the Millennia boning knife from Mercer Culinary. Performance that you can count on, this boning knife boasts a curved 6 inch blade made of high-quality Japanese steel that is resistant to rust, discoloration, and other stains.
It has a razor sharp edge which allows you to cut through anything with ease. This strong and durable blade is complimented by the ergonomic handle that is specifically designed for comfort and durability.
The handle of this knife also includes textured finger points for a better grip that helps to prevent your hand from slipping toward the blade while in use.
In addition, the handle gradually widens as it meets the connection to the blade, adding an additional protection for your fingers. Finally, this knife is certified with the NSF, a global provider of health and safety risk management.
This knife was designed with your safety in mind; it is the best curved boning knife available.
2. Victorinox Swiss Army Cutlery Fibrox Pro Curved Boning Knife
The Victorinox Swiss Army is an extremely popular knife that cuts just about any type of meat you need it to.
Blade is made of high-carbon stainless-steel making it resistant to rust and staining. This flexible boning knife has an ergonomic, non-slip Fibrox Pro handle is perfect for use with delicate cuts.
NSF approved and dishwasher safe, the lightweight handle on this boning knife will help reduce wrist fatigue while in use.
The Victorinox Swiss Army knife is easy to sharpen and is designed for durability and long term use.
3. Victorinox Swiss Army Cutlery Straight Blade Boning Knife
The Victorinox Swiss Army straight blade boning knife allows you to trim and remove meat effortlessly. A pointed tip will easily pierce the meat, enabling the straight-edge to smoothly and cleaning remove the meat from the bone.
The 6-inch, flexible blade is met with a non-slip grip that is perfectly weighted and balance to provide easy handling and superior comfort. This is a very high-quality boning knife that is simple to use and is sure to compliment your knife collection.
4. Mercer Culinary Genesis Boning Knife
The Mercer Culinary Genesis is a forged boning knife that is extremely effective in separating meat from its bone.
The blade is designed with a tapered edge to allow easy honing and superior stability when separating meat from the bone with very little resistance.
This NSF certified knife comes with a limited lifetime warranty that is comfortable to use. Its ergonomic handle provides a comfortable, non-slip grip while still being able to withstand extreme hot or cold temperatures.
5. Mercer Culinary Ultimate Curved Boning Knife
Its razor sharp edge allows you to sharpen quickly and is designed with a curved edge for precision when cutting meat away from the bone. The handle has been carefully constructed with textured finger points for a better grip.
Ergonomic for comfort, the polypropylene handle is also slip resistant for added safety. This knife is NSF certified and comes with a Limited Lifetime Warranty.
6. Dexter-Russell S131F-6PCP Boning Knife
The Dexter-Russell S131F-6PCP is an excellent meat boning knife as it is thin and flexible for easy and smooth cutting. The 6-inch, curved edge enables easy maneuvering around bones while the high-carbon, high-allow steel is rust resistant and enables simple re-sharpening when the need arises.
The handle of this knife uses Grip-Tex standards, designed for comfortable use even after several hours of cutting and chopping. The grip is soft, yet quite firm and features a large finger guard that helps to preventing slipping and injury.
7. Kessaku Boning Knife – Dynasty Series
The Kessaku Boning Knife from their Dynasty Series are hand crafted with cutting edge technology and superior construction.
Its comfortable design provides extra space around the knuckle area is ergonomic to provide amazing control and agility while cutting.
A well-balanced knife that is lightweight and reduces fatigue in your hands. We consider this to be one of the best boning knives for deer.
8. Rada Cutlery Carving Knife
The Rada Cutlery is a high carbon steel boning knife with an 6 5/8-inch stainless-steel blade. It is surgical grade, T420 high carbon steel that has been hand sharpened.
The handle is brushed aluminum designed for a comfortable and pleasing performance with every cut. This knife is lightweight and designed for a precise cut every time.
9. Dalstrong Boning Knife – Shogun Series
This Dalstrong boning knife contains a sharp scalpel like edge is hand finished to a mirror polish. The blade construction has been cooled with Nitrogen; which enhances flexibility and the resistance to corrosion.
This Japanese boning knife is triple riveted to provide more resilience and full tang allowing for superior robustness. The blade is balanced to perfection and is precisely tapers to provide minimal surface resistance.
The inward, curved shape will give you easy maneuvering around bones. Overall design of this knife enables comfort, agility, durability, and excellent performance with every cut.
10. LedgeON Professional Boning Knife
This blade is extremely sharp, has a high retention edge and high level resistance to corrosion.
Narrow but well balanced, this blade is tapered to a point at the end; which allows for precise cuts that are close to the bone without sacrificing any meat.
Created with a full tang blade for a safe but robust knife. Handle is triple riveted pakka wood that provides extreme comfort and superior control. It also has a solid piece of steel that passes through it to enable firm and stable, ergonomic grip.
Making the Decision
Finding the right boning knife can be a daunting task, but one that is most definitely worth tackling. The ideal boning knife will be comfortable to use and provide an exact cut that will not tear the meat as you slice through and around the bone.
We at Smokey Steak Ranch consider the Millennia boning knife from Mercer Culinary to be the best boning knife available. Designed for extreme comfort and built to ensure a long lasting life span, this boning knife will provide you with precise and smooth cuts of meat.
If the Millennia boning knife is a bit too larger, consider the Victorinox Swiss Army with the curved blade. Just as precise and smooth as the Millennia knife, but a bit smaller footprint and more lightweight design.
Purchase your perfect boning knife from our list today, and start enjoying flavorful cuts of meat that you can savor and enjoy