10 Best Brisket Rubs to Buy from Store in 2020
Are you tired of trying to find the best brisket rubs? Are you unsure which brisket rub will best suit your needs? If you answered yes to either of these questions, then look no further. We are here to assist you with figuring out which brisket rub will best suit your individual needs.
We have compiled a list of the 10 best brisket rubs, on the market, that might make the perfect addition to your brisket. Plus, we have added an educational section that will explain some of the factors that you will want to consider before making your final purchasing decision.
- 1 Our Recommended Brisket Rubs
- 2 10 Best Brisket Rubs on the Market:
- 2.1 1. Oakridge BBQ Signature Edition Black OPS Brisket Rub
- 2.2 2. Jack Daniel’s Original Quality Beef Rub
- 2.3 3. Killer Hogs The BBQ Rub
- 2.4 4. Gordon’s Seasoning Grub Rub
- 2.5 5. 4 Rivers Rub (Brisket)
- 2.6 6. Traeger Grills SPC169 Beef Rub with Molasses and Chili Pepper
- 2.7 7. FreshJax Seasoning Spice Rosy Cheeks Organic Maple Bourbon BBQ Rub Blend
- 2.8 8. BBQ BROS Rubs
- 2.9 9. Plowboys BBQ Bovine Bold
- 2.10 10. EAT Barbecue Zero to Hero Sweet Rub
- 3 Factors to Consider When Buying a Brisket Rub
- 4 Conclusion: The Best Brisket Rub Is…
Our Recommended Brisket Rubs
- Our Rating
- 100% All Natural, with NO MSG and nothing artificial. 100% Gluten Free. 100% NON GMO.
Weight: 1 lb
Rich & deep flavor
- Our Rating
- Gluten Free
Weight: 9 oz
Adds a strong, rich flavoring to smoked brisket
10 Best Brisket Rubs on the Market:
Oakridge has been making brisket rubs for many years, and they are by far one of the leading manufacturers when it comes to quality and taste. This particular rub was designed specifically for beef brisket, and it is known for providing a sweet taste to the meat.
Each rub is always made with all-natural ingredients, and this particular recipe is gluten-free, and it doesn’t contain any MSG, which is excellent for people who are on specific types of diets.
Finally, it is important to note that this particular brisket rub is made for beef, which means if you need it for any other type of meat, you would need to look into some of their other brisket rubs made for that particular type of meat.
- Made with all natural ingredients
- Doesn’t contain any gluten or MSG
- Designed specifically for beef brisket
- Provides a sweet taste to brisket
- Doesn’t work well as an all-purpose brisket rub
Jack Daniel’s is known for making a variety of cooking products, and this particular brisket rub was designed to work best with beef. Just like most of their products, this rub is made to work well and compliment other Jack Daniel’s BBQ products. It works best when you are smoking brisket
This beef rub adds a strong rich flavor to beef brisket, and it is made to be both Gluten and MSG-free, which makes it a viable rub for people on various types of diets. With this rub, it can be used on other types of meat, but it will not provide as the quality of a flavor as it does with beef.
- Designed to compliment other Jack Daniel’s BBQ products
- Gluten free and no MSG
- Designed for smoking brisket
- Designed as a beef rub to add a strong rich flavor
- Only comes with 1 bottle
Killer Hogs has been mixing up special brisket recipes for many years, and this is one of their most popular all-purpose brisket rubs. Unlike many other rubs, this rub is designed to provide a mahogany bar flavor when used on poultry, beef, or pork, and it also helps to bring out the natural flavors of the different types of meat.
Finally, this rub is made with a special blend of salt, sugar, and other spices that come together for their special flavor that doesn’t overpower the taste buds. The only thing about this rub that some people do not like is that it does contain some MSG, which can limit the people that can effectively use it regularly.
- Made from a balanced special blend of salt, sugar, and other spices
- Designed to bring out natural flavors in most types of meat
- Provides a flavor of mahogany bark when used on beef, poultry, or pork
- Contains some MSG
Gordon’s is a well-known manufacturer of different types of BBQ rubs, and this one is designed to provide a natural flavor to most types of meat. They made it with a special blend of herbs and spices that when mixed create the ultimate BBQ rub for brisket and most beef products, although it can be used on other types of meat.
This rub doesn’t contain any MSG, and when purchased, it comes with 3 bottles of the rub, which makes it ideal for those cooking a large meal or plan on using it on multiple occasions.
- Provides a special blend of herbs and spices
- Doesn’t contain MSG
- Comes in a pack of 3
- Minor container issues
4 Rivers is well-known for providing special brisket rubs that can be used on most types of meat, and this is one of their most popular recipes.
It provides a quality flavor mixed from ingredients used in 4 different regions all mixed. This brisket rub is capable of being able to used on different types of meat while still providing the same quality of taste and flavor.
Luckily, this particular rub is capable of being used by most people as it doesn’t contain any MSG, which makes it excellent when cooking for people that require different things in their diet. It also uses ground coffee in the mixture, which provides a subtle coffee brisket rub.
- Designed to blend the flavors of four different regions into one brisket rub
- Can be used on various types of meats
- Uses a special blend of spices, sugar, garlic, and salt
- Doesn’t contain MSG
- Minor container issues
Traeger Grills is not only a well-known manufacturer of grills, but they have also created specialty rubs that provide quality tastes to meat when being smoked or grilled. This is just one of their many popular brisket rubs, and it was designed to provide a sweet and spicy taste and bring out the natural beef flavor of your brisket.
It is made from a special blend of spices, like chili pepper and molasses. Plus, they made sure that it could be used by people on most types of diets and need a kosher rub.
This one doesn’t contain any gluten or MSG, and although this rub is designed specifically for beef, they do have rubs that are made for other types of meat and are sold separately.
- Comes in a quality aluminum container
- Designed specifically as a beef rub
- Contains a special blend of spices, molasses, and chili pepper
- Made for kosher meals and doesn’t contain gluten or MSG
- Only good when used on beef but other flavors are sold separately.
FreshJax is a well-known manufacturer of BBQ rubs, and this is one of their most popular BBQ rub blends available. It was designed specifically with people who prefer a kosher meal.
It doesn’t contain any GMO or artificial flavors, and it is entirely gluten-free. Plus, this product is backed by a 100% custom satisfaction guarantee.
- Made with Kosher meals in mind and is gluten free with no GMO or artificial flavors
- Comes with a 100% customer satisfaction guarantee
- Uses a special blend of BBQ spices, maple, bourban, and other rosy flavor ingredients
- Minor customer service issues
BBQ Bros is one of the top BBQ rub manufacturers on the market, and this is one of their top flavored rubs. It comes with three different rub flavors, and each one is made from a special blend of herbs and spices that give different sweet and spicy flavors for various types of meat.
- Comes with three different rub flavors
- Designed to provide sweet and spicy flavor to most types of meat
- Gluten-free with no use of MSG
- Minor issues with container
Plowboys is classified as one of the best BBQ rub manufacturers, in the industry, and this is one of their top blends. It is designed to be able to be used with most types of meat, and it is designed from a special blend of herbs and spices that not only taste great but will also bring out the natural flavor of the food it is used on.
- Designed to work well with most types of meat
- Made from a special blend of herbs and spices
- Helps bring out the natural flavor of the meat
- Some complaints of it being too salty
This BBQ rub is designed to provide a sweet but salty flavor to most types of food that it is used on. It is made from high-quality ingredients that consist of a special blend of herbs and spices that mix to blend sweetness with the salty taste of most naturally flavored meat.
- Designed to be a sweet tasting rub
- Can be used on most types of meat
- Made from a special blend of herbs and spices
- Has a salty taste for those on a low sodium diet
Factors to Consider When Buying a Brisket Rub
Several factors should be considered when looking for the best beef brisket rub. For instance, Texas brisket rubs require different things to make it worth using just like any rub, but if you don’t know what it requires, you won’t be able to make an informed purchasing decision.
Therefore, here are a few of the most important factors that you should consider.
The first and most important thing that you need to consider is the ingredients that are added into the rub. These ingredients will allow you to determine what sort of flavor it will have, whether it is sweet, spicy, or provides some other special detailed flavor.
This will also provide you with other important information, like whether the rub is gluten-free or if it contains MSG, which can make all of the difference when you go to make your final purchasing decision.
Packaging and Quantity:
The next thing that you should consider is what the bottle or package is made out of, especially if you do not plan on using it in a single cooking session.
You need to make sure that the bottles are made from quality materials that will keep the rub fresh even if you have to put it in a cabinet between uses.
With this, it is important to ensure you know the number of bottles that you are getting with your purchase. Some rubs are extremely expensive, and if you are on a budget, you might be better off looking at a rub that comes with multiple bottles for relatively the same price as some that only provide a single bottle.
Many manufacturers provide brisket rubs, but not all of them have a positive reputation.
Some provide single meat-type rubs, while others are better known for all-purpose rubs that can be used on various types of meats and dishes.
The best way to ensure you are purchasing from a quality manufacturer is by researching the manufacturer and reading reviews about their products to get an overview of how happy previous customers have been with their rubs.
Conclusion: The Best Brisket Rub Is…
When looking into the top brisket rubs, we have concluded that the Oakridge BBQ Signature Edition Black OPS Brisket Rub is by far the best brisket rub, when looking for a rub specifically for beef. It provides a sweet flavor, and it helps to secure the natural flavor of the meat without using any MSG or gluten.
However, if you are looking for an all-purpose rub, then the Killer Hogs The BBQ Rub might be your best choice. The only downside to this particular brisket rub is that it does contain MSG. All in all, it is important to realize what is important to you and what type of flavor and meat you want to purchase the rub for.
You should always research and review the different rubs to make sure that they have the qualities that you prefer, before making your final purchasing decision.
After all, everyone has their taste preferences, and it is imperative that you purchase a rub based on your needs and wants and not off of the recommendation of someone that might not have the same preferences in taste as you.