7 Best Ceramic Electric Griddles – The Top Choice for Home and RV in 2020!
A griddle is a dream come true for anyone that dreams of cooking up breakfasts, hot sandwiches, and burger patties outdoors, especially in that perfect morning temperature before it gets too hot outside.
There are many different types of griddles, however, and the choices can sometimes be overwhelming, which is why we’re focusing on ceramic electric griddles. Electric griddles eliminate the need for frequent refueling, and ceramic proves to be one of the most useful cooking surfaces out there.
On our search for the best ceramic electric griddle, we put dozens of products side by side to narrow down the top picks.
In this post, we’ve put together a list of the seven best ceramic electric griddles worth putting your time and money toward. We know you’re probably anxious to see what these griddles have to offer, so let’s jump right into our reviews.
- 1 8 Best Ceramic Electric Griddles on the Market:
- 2 Making the Decision
Our Top Recommended Ceramic Electric Griddles
- Our Rating
- 22 inches of cooking space
- Our Rating
- 200 sq. in. cooking surface
Temperatures between 200-400ºF
8 Best Ceramic Electric Griddles on the Market:
The Presto electric griddle is more than worthy of opening up our review section. This ceramic griddle sports 20 inches of cooking surface, exceptional nonstick quality, a diamond-patterned cooking surface, and handles to let you store your griddle in any standard 18-inch kitchen cabinet.
The griddle is heavy cast aluminum for excellent durability and after you remove the heat control, you can submerge the entire griddle in water for a pleasantly easy cleanup.
- High performance when it comes to the nonstick aspect
- You can cook plenty of food with consistent heat throughout
- Cleaning the griddle is ridiculously easy and requires no elbow grease whatsoever
- Not as smooth due to the diamond patterning, which will texture your food as well
- Grease pan is very basic and may break easily if you don’t handle it carefully
The Presto is a marvelous griddle capable of whipping up a hearty breakfast for a big family. If cooking one pancake at a time in a cast iron pan is starting to get on your nerves, this product is the best ceramic griddle for easing your nerves.
Our next product is one out of two Hamilton Beach griddles that we have on our list due to the remarkable quality of each. This griddle provides 200 square inches of copper cooking space with a nonstick ceramic surface, allowing you to fit even an entire package of bacon on your griddle.
The product comes with adjustable temperature controls, handles that stay cool to the touch, and removable grease tray safe to put into the dishwasher.
This griddle is four times more durable than traditional nonstick griddles to reduce the chances of peeling and scratching, and when you finish cooking, just remove the cord, and you’ll be safe to submerge the griddle in water and wash.
- Heat distributes evenly and quickly
- Nonstick surface is incredibly smooth and easy to clean
- You can fit a lot of food on the surface, and it won’t slide around too much
- Flatter design means not all the grease slides into the drip tray
- You need to get used to cooking at lower temperatures than you’re used to
Hamilton Beach is a quality brand, so you can trust that their griddles come to deliver quality as well. With ample cooking space, durable construction, and smooth cooking, this griddle is worth the money.
The ceramic griddle by Zojirushi is a heavy-duty griddle that comes with some pleasing bonuses. The construction consists of one aluminum layer topped by dual ceramic layers and a titanium-enforced nonstick cooking surface, making the cooking plate made for durability and high performance.
The griddle comes with variable heat settings, easy controls, a cooking lid, a stainless steel spatula, and the ability to disassemble for cleanup. With a 19 by 12.5-inch cooking space, you have a lot of room to whip up anything you crave.
- Heating element is separate from the cooking plate, heating the air rather than the plate itself, eliminating hot and cold spots
- Works like a deep fryer as well as like a stove
- Light enough to travel with but durable enough to stay free of chips, dents, and scratches
- Takes longer to get to the temperature you want than other griddles
- No drain hole means you need to figure out how you’re going to deal with the grease
- The bumpy cooking surface will affect the texture of pancakes and other similar foods
This griddle offers many functions while performing at a high level of quality. When you need something versatile, easy to work with, and top-grade, this is a griddle well worth your money and time.
On the subject of versatility, this product comes with both a griddle and a grilling surface, both of which you can use for indoor and outdoor cooking alike.
You get 14 by 9 inches of ceramic-coated cooking surface, a ceramic-coated drip pan to prevent smoke, and a burn-proof base for extra protection, making this product truly smokeless.
The product pulls apart for straightforward storage, has four user-friendly temperature settings (warm, low, medium, and high), and a removable grease catcher to ensure that you have everything you need to get you cooking comfortably.
- The grease management works exceptionally well, leaving you without a massive amount of grease
- No smoke means you can grill indoors without worrying about setting off alarms
- While the product is smaller than the others, the heat distributes well and cooks thoroughly
- Reassembling the product incorrectly can burn the cradle that holds the cooking plates
- While the material is scratch-resistant, scratches will still show up faintly
The Gotham Steel griddle and grill offers you dual functionality while still performing quality cooking without the hassle of grease and smoke. When you need a product that’s easy to operate and clean, this griddle-grill combo is a prime consideration.
This electric ceramic griddle by diig comes with a unique design and all the qualities you would want in a good griddle, like quick and even heating, durability, nonstick capabilities, easy cleaning, and handles that stay cool for safe use.
The cooking surface is 18 by 10 inches to give you plenty of room to cook for yourself or a family while allowing you complete control over the temperature with an adjustable knob and high resistance to scratching, chipping, and peeling.
- Highly appealing design works well with all kitchen aesthetics
- Thinner cooking plate means the griddle preheats rapidly
- The nonstick surface requires no greasing and is exceptionally easy to clean
- Last few inches away from the connector is less warm than the rest of the griddle
- The temperature may go up or down a bit, so you may need to pay more attention to the temperature
- The grease tray is slightly tricky to put back due to the little rubber tip that holds it in place
For a griddle that stands out, this product is the electric ceramic griddle that you’ve been searching for. With the combination of unique design, lasting durability, and quality cooking performance, this griddle is a product you want in your cart.
Although we already have a Hamilton Beach product on our list, this griddle by the same brand makes our list because of its desirable performance qualities.
While the griddle offers a similar 200 square inches of duration ceramic nonstick cooking surface with excellent durability, a slide-out grease tray, and adjustable temperature controls, it also provides the ability to lift and reverse the griddle to eliminate the need for extension cords.
The griddle lifts off of its base with no trouble and is both dishwasher safe and generally resistant to cracking and peeling.
- Griddle separates from the base to reverse the direction or for cleaning
- No smoke or harmful fumes means you can cook indoors without any stress
- Large cooking surface and large grease pan lets you cook large meals
- Cooking with high temperatures immediately will damage this griddle significantly
- Lack of tilt feature means not all excess grease drains, making it difficult for food to stay put
This ceramic griddle offers the same desirable spaciousness and simple use as our previous Hamilton Beach griddle, but with additional features that make it even more user-friendly. For healthier, safer, and happier cooking, think about investing in this electric griddle.
Our last product on the list is a smaller-sized electric ceramic griddle that packs a powerful punch.
The Bella electric ceramic griddle offers 10.5 by 20 inches of cooking space operating at 1500 Watts, providing eight times more durability and 30% quicker heating than standard nonstick coatings, and offering precision temperature control via removable temperature probe.
The surface is safe up to 850 degrees Fahrenheit, free from PTFE, PFOA, BPA, lead, and cadmium, and is reinforced by titanium to give it high resistance to scratches and chips.
- Temperature is incredibly accurate and offers more than just low, medium, and high settings
- Very easy to clean after use, especially if seasoned before cooking
- Retains heat well and performs more safely than a stove
- Powerful heating element may burn the cooking plate
- Significant damage may occur if you don’t season the griddle before using
Bella’s electric griddle may have its drawbacks, as does every griddle, but there’s no doubt that the griddle comes made for some serious cooking. If durability and heating power matters most to you, this is probably your griddle of choice.
Making the Decision
While each of these ceramic electric griddles presents a strong case, our top pick would have to be the Zojirushi EA-DCC10 Gourmet Sizzler.
The four layers of construction provide you a heavy-duty cooking plate, and the heating element separate from the plate indirectly heats the cooking surface for even heat throughout.
It may not get up to your desired temperature as quickly as some other griddles, but it does have variable heat settings and a lid to trap heat and cook quicker.
For a griddle that heats up faster, has a much smoother surface, and a drain hole – which the Zojirushi, unfortunately, lacks – we’d recommend the diig Electric Griddle.
While the temperature consistency isn’t as even as our previous recommendation, the thinner plate allows faster preheating and lighter weight while still being durable. Not to mention, the design of the diig electric griddle is quite pleasing to the eye.
A ceramic electric griddle is an impressive kitchen item to have in your possession. You don’t want a griddle that’s going to give you poor performance, so before you scramble somewhere else to look for one, take a moment to consider the ceramic electric griddles on our list seriously