10 Best Fillet Knife Sharpeners – Knife Sharpening Kits in 2020
No matter if you are a weekend fisherman or someone who loves to fish on a daily basis, it is essential to have a sharp fillet knife. Removing the bone from the fish is much easier with a knife that is sharp. This is why it is so important to have a sharpener to keep your knives in the best shape possible.
We have spent hours researching the numerous choices available in order to find our top 10 recommendations.
The sharpeners, both electric and manual, were chosen based on quality, the value received for the price, and the durability.
Keep reading to see our top three picks and the remaining choices on our list.
- 1 10 Best Fillet Knife Sharpeners on the Market:
- 1.1 1. KitchenIQ 50009
- 1.2 2. Presto 08800 EverSharp Electric Knife Sharpener
- 1.3 3. Presto 08810 Professional Electric Knife Sharpener
- 1.4 4. Chef’s Choice 320 Electric Knife Sharpener
- 1.5 5. LINKYO Electric Knife Sharpener
- 1.6 6. SunrisePro Supreme Knife Sharpener
- 1.7 7. Priority Chef Knife Sharpener
- 1.8 8. Zwilling Twinsharp Duo Handheld Knife Sharpener
- 1.9 9. Chef’s Choice 130 Professional Electric Knife Sharpening Station
- 1.10 10. Work Sharp Guided Field Sharpener
- 2 How Our Advice Helps You Choose the Best Fillet Knife Sharpener
- 3 What to Consider When Buying a Fillet Knife Sharpener
- 4 Which One Will You Choose?
Our Top Recommended Picks of Fillet Sharpeners
- Our Rating
- With a patented edge-grip, it will stay in place while it is being used.
It offers coarse for sharpening and fine for honing and polishing your fillet knives.
- Our Rating
- It is an electric sharpener that uses a sapphirite sharpening wheel such as the type used by professionals.
It is a two-stage system for sharpening and honing.
- Our number one choice of the best fillet knife sharpener is the KitchenIQ 50009. With a patented edge-grip, it will stay in place while it is being used. It offers coarse for sharpening and fine for honing and polishing your fillet knives.
- We chose the Presto 08800 EverSharp Electric Knife Sharpener as our second pick. It is an electric sharpener that uses a sapphirite sharpening wheel such as the type used by professionals. It is a two-stage system for sharpening and honing.
- As our third choice, the Presto 08810 Professional Electric Knife Sharpener is easy to use and has a three-stage sharpening system. It sharpens both kitchen and sporting knives. Blade guides hold your knives at the perfect angle for sharpening.
Now it is time to see our reviews of each of our top 10 picks.
10 Best Fillet Knife Sharpeners on the Market:
We have selected the KitchenIQ 50009 as our top pick when it comes to the best sharpener for fillet knives for a number of reasons. First, this sharpener has an edge grip, so you can sharpen larger knives on the edge of the counter.
This helps to prevent the tip from scratching your counter or other surfaces as it is being sharpened. Additionally, the base is non-slip so the sharpener stays in place while it is being used.
Carbide blades quickly sharpen your dull knives, and with two stages of sharpening, you can put the finishing touches on a sharp knife. The KitchenIQ 50009 is a good choice for small kitchens. It is compact and fits easily in a knife drawer.
- Affordable price
- Designed by a well-known name in sharpening products, Smith’s Consumer Products, Inc.
- Edge grip feature for sharpening on the edge of counters or tables
- Works on straight-edge or double-edge knives
- The ceramic stones can lose shape in a short time preventing it from being used to hone knives.
The Presto 08800 EverSharp offers an easy way to honing steel your knives. One of the best electric fillet knife sharpeners, the Presto EverSharp uses a two-stage system, and it can also be used on sporting knives.
The first stage sharpens the knife to a razor-sharp edge, and the second polishes and hones the edge. The sharpening wheels are Sapphirite, the same type used by professional knife sharpeners.
This sharpener is easy to use as the weight of the knife guides the blade automatically. It is affordably priced, and quiet. There is only a slight hum when it is being used. The sharpener has three suction cups that help hold it in place on the counter or table while it is in use.
- Compact size for easy storage
- Has a one-year warranty
- Inexpensive option for keeping your knives sharp
- The grinding wheels may be too coarse for use on expensive knives
Another sharpener from Presto, a respected name in the electric appliance and housewares industry since 1905, is the 08810 Professional Electric Knife Sharpener. This product features a 3-stage sharpening system and has interchangeable blade guides.
The guides hold all your kitchen and sporting knives at the precise angle for the best sharpening. You can adjust the blade selector to thick to sharpen hunting knives.
If you want to sharpen your chef’s and regular kitchen knives, choose the medium selection, and for paring and fillet knives, the thin setting should be chosen. This choice of the best professional fillet knife sharpener has a one-year warranty and is easy to use.
- Will sharpen Santoku knives
- Blade selector provides just the right angles for sharpening different types of knives
- Can be used to sharpen gardening tools such as pruning shears
- It can ruin smaller knives, so you need to practice using inexpensive knives to start
The Chef’s Choice 320 is not only a good choice as a fillet knife sharpener, but it can sharpen cleavers, serrated knives, sport’s knives, and chef’s knives. It is a two-stage sharpener that provides professional results in minutes.
The sharpener has diamond abrasive disks that provide just the right amount of pressure to sharpen without affecting the temper of the metal blade.
This sharpener also has flex stropping disks that create a highly polished knife edge in the second stage. The unit is compact, making for easy storage. Easy-to-read instructions are included. This sharpener has a clean-out tray for collecting the metal shavings. The Chef’s Choice 320 has a two-year warranty.
- Solidly built to last
- Sharpens serrated and straight-edge knives
- Manufactured by a reputable company
- Somewhat expensive compared to other sharpeners on our list
With two sharpening stages, the LINKYO knife sharpener will bring the dull edges of your knives back to a razor-sharp condition in the first stage and polish and hone it during stage two. This sharpener has suction cup feet to prevent slipping while it is being used.
It also has guides for automatically positioning the knife for sharpening. Plugs that are simple to remove catch the metal filings for easy clean up. A compact size allows the sharpener to be stored easily.
It has a three-and-a-half foot cord, so it can be moved around the counter top or table to where it is needed. A polarized plug is a safety feature that ensures the sharpener will not accidentally power on when it is turned off. This product uses 120 volts and sharpens straight-edge blades.
- Affordably priced
- Only two sharpening stages
- Will not sharpen serrated blades or scissors
If you are looking for a sharpener that will work on more than just your fillet and other kitchen knives, the SunrisePro is the answer. It can be used to sharpen pocket knives, hunting knives, and other outdoor cutting tools. This sharpener for fillet knives can provide a razor-sharp edge in a couple of seconds.
It is easy to use and no pressure is needed. Simply place the knife in the sharpener at a 90-degree angle, and draw it out. A few passes and your knife is sharp. The base is non-slip to prevent it from moving while in use, and the handle is ergonomic for comfort.
The Sunrise Pro is compact and will fit in small spaces easily, making storage simple. Your satisfaction is guaranteed, or you will receive a refund and keep the sharpener.
- A 20-degree angle position for the blades provide excellent sharpening with very little effort
- Can easily be stored in your knife drawer
- Very affordable
- Cannot be used for sharpening fine-tooth knives or scissors
The Priority Chef Knife Sharpener is one of the best when it comes to keeping your knives sharp. This device works on several different blade types such as straight-edge, serrated, and hard steel. Among our fillet knife sharpener reviews, this sharpener is one of the most affordable and is preferred by professional chefs.
It uses a two-stage sharpening system, and diamonds create razor-sharp results. Ceramic hones and polishes the blade in the second stage for a smooth edge. Located at the bottom of the sharpener is a cushion that helps it to grip counter tops and tables to prevent slipping.
- Designed to sharpen kitchen knives as well as pocket and utility knives
- Easy-grip handle
- 100% satisfaction guaranteed or you receive a full refund, no questions asked
- Does not sharpen paring knives well
If you are looking for the best fillet knife sharpener, the Zwilling Twinsharp is a handheld style included in our review that offers several good features. It has two modules.
The first one sharpens and has steel wheels. The second one includes ceramic wheels to finely sharpen your knives and smooth the blades.
The sharpener is a compact eight inches long and three inches tall, so it fits in small spaces and can be stored in your knife drawer. It has rubber feet to prevent the sharpener from slipping while it is in use. It is made of stainless steel and comes with easy-to-read instructions.
- Easy to clean with soap and water
- Affordably priced
- Available from a trusted company
- Does not sharpen coated knives
Another Chef’s Choice product on our list of the top ten is the 130 Professional Electric Knife Sharpening Station. This fillet knife sharpening tool provides professional results for serrated and straight-edge knives.
You can sharpen your pocket knife and sports knife as well as kitchen knives. A three-stage sharpener, it has diamonds for sharpening in stage one, steel for stage two, and stropping disks for stage three.
The unit has rubber feet to keep it from slipping when it is being used. It is made from engineering polymer for sturdiness and durability. This sharpener is compact, so it can be easily stored in a knife drawer or left on the counter top where it will not take up a lot of space. The 130 can be used in home or professional settings.
- Sharpens straight-edge and serrated knives
- Rubber feet for stabilization
- Does not require sharpening oils
- Quite expensive compared to other sharpeners on our list
One of the things that make the Work Sharp Guided Field Sharpener a good choice is its versatility. It can be used for sharpening in your home, shop, or in the field.
This sharpener has five stages for sharpening including coarse and find diamond plates, coarse and fine ceramic rods, and a leather strop.
The Work Sharp will sharpen fillet knives and hunting knives as well as hatchets, axes, and will even sharpen fish hooks. This sharpener is compact, easy to set up, and is durable. It is manufactured by Darex, a company that has been providing sharpening tools for more than 40 years.
- Very affordable
- Sharpens straight-edge and serrated knives
- Requires no assembly or set up
- Does not include instructions for use
How Our Advice Helps You Choose the Best Fillet Knife Sharpener
When you look for any product, you want to know how well it is made, if users have had problems with the item, and anything else that will affect your ultimate decision.
It is not enough to simply state the obvious.
Unlike some sites that simply re-state the information provided by the seller, we thoroughly research the products, so we can give you the unbiased information you need to know before making a choice.
Considering that many products offer similar benefits and features, good reviews can help you to decide whether a product is going to provide you with quality and value for your hard-earned money.
This is why many consumers visit sites that provide impartial reviews when they are looking for a particular product or service.
What to Consider When Buying a Fillet Knife Sharpener
The following factors are a few that should be considered before making a decision on the fillet knife sharpener you will choose.
Is the Sharpener Easy to Use?
No one wants to buy a sharpener that is difficult to use. When looking for ease of use, make certain it is a sharpener that has an adjustable precision angle.
Is the Sharpener Abrasive Enough?
When choosing an affordable sharpener, the ones made with diamond are generally the most popular choice. Carbide and ceramic are other choices; however, they may be a bit more expensive.
Check the warranty on the sharpener you are thinking about buying. Whether it fails due to a mistake made during the manufacture or a weak part, you will want to be covered.
Most have at least a one-year warranty, and some have limited lifetime warranties.
Choosing an Electric or Manual Sharpener
As stated previously, the choice of a manual or electric sharpener is basically a matter of preference.
The manual type has good points such as the ability to sharpen in places where there is no electricity. The electric type also provides advantages like being able to sharpen more knives quickly.
Which One Will You Choose?
Of course, you will want to select the best fillet knife sharpener for your needs. Our top pick, the KitchenIQ 50009, is a quality sharpener.
Chosen for the value it provides in addition to the ability to do a good job sharpening your knives at an affordable price, this sharpener is quite compact, making it easy to store. It is important to have a knife sharpener that you can depend on when needed.
Choosing an electric or manual sharpener for your fillet knives and other kitchen knives depends on what type you prefer. Both include good options. With this post, we have included both, so you will have the information needed to make a good choice.
Are you ready to get your knives in shape to handle any task needed? Select your knife sharpener today!