10 Best BBQ Gas Grills under $200 in 2020
It’s no brainer. Grilling without having to worry about cleaning up charcoal and ash is the best way to get things done. This new generation gas grilling set-up is the perfect method to fire-up your weekend barbeque in your own backyard because aside from easy clean up, you get delicious results that cut down on cooking time. These gas grillers heat up and cool down quickly, saving you both time and effort.
Consider these top ten best gas grills under 200 dollars that are pocket friendly and with distinctive features that make the whole backyard grilling experience fun.
After road testing each one, this extensive list will enable you to find the perfect grill that meets your needs.
- 1 List of 10 Top Rated BBQ Gas Grills for Under $200:
- 1.1 1. Char-Broil Performance 300 2-Burner Best Overall Grill
- 1.2 2. Cuisinart CGG-059 Grillster Portable Gas Grill
- 1.3 3. Weber 50060001 Q1000 Liquid Propane Grill
- 1.4 4. Royal Gourmet PD 1200 Two Burner 22 inch Table Top Grill
- 1.5 5. Master Cook Classic Propane 3 Burner Liquid Propane Gas Grill
- 1.6 6. Char-Broil Deluxe Portable Liquid Propane Gas Grill
- 1.7 7. Camp Chef Tahoe Deluxe 3 Burner Gas Grill
- 1.8 8. Char-Broil TRU-Infrared Portable Grill2Go Gas Grill
- 1.9 9. Giantex Propane Tabletop Gas Grill
- 1.10 10. Megamaster 820-0065C Propane Gas Grill
- 2 Conclusion
Our Top Recommended Gas Grills Under $200
List of 10 Top Rated BBQ Gas Grills for Under $200:
The Char Broil Performance 300 is the best propane gas grill under 200, which provides two burners that delivers 24,000 BTU of heat across its 300 square inch of cooking space.
This cabinet type of grill measures around 15.9 inches by 18.5 inches with porcelain coated cast iron grates. This makes the part resistant to rusting while preventing food from sticking to the grates making it so much easier to clean up.
The durable burners are able to offer strong heating performance that evenly cooks your food.
On top of that, it features an electronic ignition system that fires up your grill quickly with a mere snap of a button. This reliable product comes with two metal side shelves that offer an additional workspace for your grilling tools or the marinade itself.
If you have no use for them, they can be easily folded down to the side. There is a bottom storage cabinet for your propane tank that keeps it safely tucked inside.
- Comes with ample cooking space that can accommodate as much as sixteen burger patties.
- It comes with highly durable stainless steel that can withstand harsh weather and the test of time.
- The one hundred square inch swing away warming rack is perfect for heating up buns and other sides. It is also a great space to keep your grilled goodies warm.
- This comes with a temperature gauge that has been mounted on the lid to help you see and control the temperature with ease.
- This comes with a less-than stellar instruction manual, which may make it difficult for you to figure out how to operate things.
- The wheels of the grill seem rather flimsy, so you have to move it carefully.
- Do not make the mistake of holding onto the side racks because they feel flimsy. Hold on to the body itself if you want to move your grill.
- The regular price of this grill is a bit higher than $200, so you need to wait for sales to get this one for under two hundred bucks.
For people on a budget, this Cuisinart Grillster is the perfect best budget yet good quality inexpensive gas grill for you. Weighing just ten pounds, this super portable grill can be lugged around to the beach, park, or anywhere with ease.
This features a stainless steel locking lid with a carry handle and folding legs for easy storage. Do not underestimate its small size because this grill is able to provide 8,000 BTU that can reach up to 600 degrees in temperature.
There is virtually no assembly required and you can get cooking in a matter of five minutes. The porcelain coated grates offer 146 inches of cooking area. More importantly, it is removable and dishwasher safe.
- This product is highly portable with its lightweight and easy set-up features, giving you the bang for your back because you can use it anywhere.
- Pave the way for a much faster clean up because the grates are safe for your dishwasher.
- This is compatible with a one pound propane tank, making it a truly portable device.
- The surface area of the grill is rather small compared to its competitors, but this works well in making your grill portable.
This Weber Q 1000 is the redesigned version of the previous 100, coming with bigger grip handles, sturdier control knobs, and sturdier front/rear cradles. This falls under the category of the best small gas grills under $200 with its 189 square inches total cooking area.
This one gas burner is able to provide ample power with 8,500 BTU. This makes this Weber portable, so you can bring it anywhere with ease
One of this product’s best features is that it comes with a split grate, which allows griddle cooking along with grilling. This comes with an easy to use push-button ignition and a control burner valve for you to specify your setting choices.
- You can easily set the temperature of the grill by easily adjusting the infinite control burner valve.
- This is very sturdy with its cast aluminum lid and body that can weather wear and tear along with different environmental conditions.
- The temperature control along with the griddle allows you to cook different types of food from breakfast pancakes and eggs.
- This needs to be preheated with the burner on high for at least 10 to 15 minutes before you use it.
This product ensures that those bulky and difficult to handle giant grills are a thing of the past. The Royal Gourmet is a portable grill that you can take anywhere for your family outings.
This two gas burner is able to provide high heat performance with 17,000 BTU output. This comes with a 238 square inched enamel griddle, so you can do more than just barbeque but cook fried rice, pancakes, bacon, eggs, and more.
This comes with a large oil cup that can easily collect grease residue, paving the way for faster clean up. On top of that, this table top griller is easy to start with its piezon ignition system.
- This comes with protected feet to ensure stability of the product on top of your table.
- Its large surface area is able to accommodate quite a bit of items, allowing you to cook 11 patties at once.
- Quick start up is convenient, so you don’t waste time waiting for it to heat up.
- It is portable and easy to carry anywhere you want to bring it, coming with a regulator that can accommodate a one pound tank of propane.
- Since this only comes in griddle form, your food will not have those coveted grill marks coursing through it.
This Master Cook Classic is one of the low cost gas grills available out there in the market today. Its three gas burners can safely provide 30,000 BTU of heat. The 340 square inches of cooking space is fairly large enough for you to provide a meal for many people.
This product is not exactly small measuring 46.5 by 22.8 by 41 inches. This comes with a piezo integrated ignition system for easy light up. On top of that, there are three separate knobs so you can control the griller’s burners separately.
Apart from the main cooking area, this comes with a secondary rack that has 133 square inches. This can be used to cook minor side dishes or accommodate your cooked meat for warming. This is a good addition to your patio or deck that will undoubtedly serve you for many more years to come.
- Comes with two metal side shelves that can extend your work space. It is collapsible, too, if you don’t have any use for them.
- This comes with two six inch wheels, so you can move this produc t without any issues.
- Fast and reliable start ups with a mere push of a button, which fires up and heats the product up almost instantly.
- This will not work with natural gas and will only liquid propane gas.
- This product feels rather flimsy and dented on transit.
If you are looking for an electric smoker only, check this list of top electric smokers under $200.
Just as its name suggests, this gas grill can go anywhere with you. With its built-in carry handle and perfect size, this grill is perfect to tag along to the beach, camping grounds, road trip, picnic, or anywhere you want to go.
This measures 12.3 by 24.1 and by 15 inches. It has porcelain metal grates that offer 190 square inches of cooking are. It has only one burner that offers 11,000 BTU of heat output.
This is a redesigned version of an older model and it debuted in 2014. The wire grates have been replaced by porcelain ones to ensure that food will no longer stick to the surface.
- The portable grill with its built-in carry handle is designed to be used on to go, making it a perfect companion wherever you go, with its capacity to take on the smallest proper supply.
- Three glass reinforced nylon handle ascertains carrying with ease.
- The porcelain grates ensure that cleanup remains a breeze because food no longer collects and sticks on the rill plates.
- Come out with professional looking grill marks on your food to impress your loved ones.
- Many people are unhappy with this product because it lost the flavor bar the same with the older version. They say that one is better because it levels up the taste of the meat.
- The product come with a lead nickel warning or California residents that may expose consumers to their corresponding health risks with improper food handling.
This unique eye-catching black and red grill was designed for big cookouts with its three gas burners. As a result, it comes with superior performance output with 30,000 BTU and an extra large 608 square inch surface area that can handle massive quantities of meat and other food items.
This enables you to save on time and effort because you can cook many different kinds of items at the same time. It comes with a windscreen the blocks off the wind, so you don’t have to worry about the fire conking out.
With this super durable product, you can ensure your purchase will last and serve you for a long time. This comes with detachable legs for easy storage.
- This product comes with a matchless ignition system that ensures you can fire it up with ease.
- You can invite a lot of guests to your cookout because this can accommodate a lot of food with its big space and powerful burners.
- Hot and cold spots are mitigated because if its windscreen protection so you’re sure to come out with juicy and delicious items that have been cooked evenly.
- This comes with an adjustable heat dial, allowing you to control the heat settings for your food.
- The 31 inches height helps protect your back from strain because it is the most ideal height for easy cookouts.
- This product weighs 47 pounds, so it is not exactly the most durable grill out there.
- There is no storage are for your propane gas tank, so it is exposed as you cook.
- It consumes quite a bit of gas because of its numerous burners, so small cookouts will not be cost-effective with this unit.
- This grill is under $300 but you can get a used one for a pretty affordable price.
This Char-Broil Infrared grill is one of the best affordable grills in the market today. This is a very convenient product that comes with its own carry case for portability. On top of that, it also comes with a slotted tool help you scrape the grates with ease.
The lid comes with double latches that hold very well. The infrared igniter sits behind one of the lets, so you don’t have to worry about it snapping off and becoming loose. It is not at all heavy, making it easy to take around to different outdoor gatherings.
- The steel grates become really heated giving the food nice grill marks and the perfect char.
- It is fairly portable compared to the other products in the same category.
- The product gets too hot, so it only works well with searing. There is no low temperature setting unless you purchase a valve or regulator to control the heat, which is an added expense to you.
- The grates are really difficult to clean and the only way to get it done well is through scraping them with the included tool.
- You need to preheat this for 15 minutes for best results, which is a bit of a time waster.
If you are in search for a good gas grill under 200, look no further. This two burner barbeque is able to provide a 20,000 BTU output, which can accommodate a fair amount of food with its 22 by 18 by 15 inches body.
Each burner is adjustable with its own corresponding knob. It can go from low to high in a matter of seconds, making it a truly versatile product. The stainless steel grill will work on any tabletop, and with its fairly moderate weight of 26 pounds, just about anyone can handle this unit with ease.
Additionally, you may need lighting for your grill, if you love to grill at night. Here is the solution for you: best LED grill lights under $50
- There are two push and turn ignition burners that do not require matches. They can be used independently, so you can cook a variety of food in different heat settings without compromising the quality.
- The foldable legs and locking lid make storage and transport a breeze.
- It heats up fast and provides even heat, so you not only save time but ensure your food comes out cooked well to perfection.
- This is produced using high-quality stainless steel so corrosion is not an issue. This product is also expected to last longer, making sure you get your money’s worth.
- It is easy to clean because items don’t easily stick on the grates. On top of that, it cools down pretty fast, so you don’t have to wait long to start cleaning.
- A bit of assembly is required, which others who are not into DIY might find cumbersome.
- This will only work with a 20 pound regulator, so the portability factor is affected with this bigger propane gas tank. If you want it to be more portable, buy a an adapter to fit in a one pound propane gas tank.
When it comes to a true budget propane grill, Megamaster delivers a great product that doesn’t break the bank. This attractive red and black table top gas grill will sit well on any picnic table.
The one burner gas grill fires up instantly and is able to produce 11,000 BTU. That’s a fairly impressive figure for a product of this caliber. The firebox is made out of an extremely durable porcelain that can retain and withstand high heat.
For something so portable, this product can accommodate grilling up to 17 burgers. It has a roomy surface area that measures 360 square inches of cooking space. Comes with an easy to use piezo ignition system for easy fire up.
- It comes with a steel secondary cooking grid where you can cook side dishes or use to keep the food a warm.
- This portable product encourages grilling beyond your backyard. Take this anywhere you want to go with peace of mind because it is built to take the transport and any kind of outdoor use.
- The built-in rectangular temperature gauge takes the guess work out because it is able to provide an exact figure.
- The foldable legs ensure you can store or carry it with ease.
- The heat is not even with the edges being hotter than the middle.
- The drip tray is too large and often catches on fire.
Take your pick from any of these best bbq gas grills under $200. With the varied specs of the ten chosen units, there’s bound to be one product that will suit your budget and the specs you need.
The best overall product is the Char-Broil 300 because it provides the best mix of surface cooking, fast heating, and portability. Whatever you choose, it is critical to read and do your research, so you can make an informed choice you will not live to regret