10 Best Grill Mats 2020 Non-Stick BBQ Grill Mat Sets
Grill mats are a terrific innovation that allow you to keep your grill grates clean and help to prevent grease build ups, as well as grease fires. The best grill mats will last years and make cleaning up, and the cooking process for that matter, a simpler process.
Using our years of grilling expertise, we’ve compiled a list of the best grill mats available on the market.
We’ve considered the mats’ characteristics such as peak temperature, chemical-free composition, and warranties and guarantees among others to compile the list below.
- 1 10 Best Grill Mats on the Market:
- 1.1 1. Kona Best BBQ Grill Mat Set of 2
- 1.2 2. Grillaholics Grill Mat Set of 2
- 1.3 3. Aoocan Grill Mat Set of 5
- 1.4 4. YRYM HT Copper Grill Mat and Bake Mat (Set of 5)
- 1.5 5. Kitchen + Home – BBQ Grill Mats (Set of 2)
- 1.6 6. Twisted Chef BBQ Grill Mats (Set of 3)
- 1.7 7. SMAID Grill Mat Non-stick BBQ Grill Baking Mats (Set of 4)
- 1.8 8. Chef Caron Non-Stick BBQ Grill Mats (Set of 2)
- 1.9 9. Kitchen Joy BBQ Grill Mat (Set of 3)
- 1.10 10. RENOOK Grill Mat (Set of 6)
- 2 Summary
Our Top Recommended Grill Mats
Before delving into the entire list, we’ll kick things off with our top three recommendations.
- Our overall top recommendation is the Kona Best BBQ Grill Mat. This unit comes as a set of two and with one of the thickest constructions of any model on the market it boasts the highest peak temperature at 600ºF.
- The second top recommendation we have is the Grillaholics Grill Mat, also a set of two. This model has a peak temperature of 500ºF and sports a heat-resistant, PTFE-Fiberglass coating. Additionally, it’s entirely free of harmful chemicals, as any viable model will be.
- Our third and final top recommendation is the Aoocan Grill Mat, which actually comes as a set of five. This model also has a 500ºF peak withstanding temperature and has a fiberglass, fabric coated PTFE (Teflon)composition. These mats also come with FDA and LFGB food-grade certifications, ensuring their safety. Now let’s check out the entire list.
10 Best Grill Mats on the Market:
The best barbecue grill mats are able to withstand any temperature you throw at it, and the first model in review, the Kona Best BBQ Grill Mat, does just that with its 600ºF peak temperature.
The mats come as a set of two and are entirely free of PFOA. With a seven year guarantee, this model is sure to last you for years.
- 0.39mm thickness makes this model one of the thickest mats on the market
- Comes with a 7 year, “No Hassle” guarantee so you can be sure it lasts for years
- A small group of consumers claim the mat melts down after a few uses
In conclusion, the Kona Best BBQ Grill Mat is the mat set on the market thanks to its toughness and seven year guarantee.
The next best grill cooking mats in review come from Grillaholics. The Grillaholics Grill Mat, also a set of two, sports a heat-resistant, PTFE fiberglass coating. This model is also free of PFOA, silicone, or other harmful chemicals.
While it doesn’t match the ability of the Kona mats, these still withstand temperatures up to 500ºF. They also come with a lifetime manufacturer’s warranty.
- Contains no PFOA, silicone, or harmful chemicals ensuring safety of use with your foods
- Lifetime guarantee ensures you’ll never need another mat
- Consumers claim the juices puddle up on the mat and make a mess when cleaning up
The Grillaholics Grill Mat is a fantastic second option for your new mats. They are guaranteed for life so you’ll never have to replace them again.
The next set on the list, the Aoocan Grill Mat, is the best non-stick grill mats set on the list. The mats are constructed from fiberglass, fabric coated teflon and have certifications from the FDA and LFGB. These mats are also able to withstand temperatures up to 500ºF.
- Fiberglass, fabric coated mat is made from a similar material to non-stick pans so you can cook without oils and sprays
- Very easy to clean by simply washing with water and air drying makes maintenance close to none
- It’s only designed to last up to 100 uses
In conclusion, the Aoocan Grill Mat set is a great option for those looking for easy-to-clean mats. Its simple cleaning style allows you to spend less time scrubbing and maintaining your mats.
These next mats are the first model from the copper grill mat reviews group on the list. The YRYM HT Copper Mat and Bake Mat comes in a set of five and also comes with two silicone brushes for use while grilling/cooking on the mats.
The mats themselves can withstand temperatures up to 500ºF and are comprised of PTFE-fiberglass coating that is FDA approved. Additionally, they can be cut to fit your appliance just right.
- The mats come in a set of five and also come with silicone brushes for use while grilling
- The mats are FDA approved and ensure the safety of use with your foods
- The product comes with a grease puddling warning – DO NOT let them accumulate or you may risk grease fire
The YRYM HT Copper Grill Mat and Bake Mat set is a terrific mat set for those looking for customizable, cuttable mats to fit to their grill.
The fifth barbecue grill mats set in review is the Kitchen + Home – BBQ, a set of two. These mats, as with many models reviewed, withstand temperatures up to 500ºF.
These mats are also completely free of PFOA, BPA, or other harmful chemicals and are, thus, FDA approved. These mats, designed to last for years, are reversible so you can get the most out of them.
- The mats are free of BPA and PFOA and are also approved by the FDA, ensuring the safety of use with your foods
- The mats are dishwasher safe so cleaning is a breeze and can be as hands off as you please
- Some consumers claim the mat differs from advertised and has melted after a single or few uses
In conclusion, the Kitchen + Home – BBQ is another great set to consider for your new mats. They are reversible and dishwasher safe so they’ll last and are simple to maintain.
These next grill pads for cooking come in a set of three and are, of course, non-stick. The Twisted Chef BBQ Grill Mats withstand the industry standard of 500ºF and, like the previously reviewed set, are dishwasher safe.
The mats are about a half millimeter in thickness, which makes them very thin yet thicker than many models in review.
- Dishwasher safe cleaning makes the maintenance simple and hands-free
- Small group of consumers claim the teflon layer on the mat straight melted off
The Twisted Chef BBQ are up to par with the standard features for models on the market and come at an exceptionally affordable price.
The next non-stick, BBQ mat set in review is the SMAID Grill Mat Non-stick BBQ Grill Baking Mats. The mats are noted as withstanding temperatures up to 500ºF but come with an operation recommendation of 300-400ºF.
These mats from SMAID are guaranteed PFOA free and are constructed of non-stick, PTFE-fiberglass coating. This set – set of 4 – comes with a 30 day, satisfaction guarantee as well.
- Comes with a 30-day, 100% satisfaction guarantee so you can get your money back should the product not meet your expectations
- Free of harmful chemicals so you can be sure your food is safe
- Despite the guarantee, a few consumers claim it’s a one and done mat, melting or failing after a single use
In conclusion, the SMAID Grill Mat Non-stick BBQ Grill Baking Mats are an option to consider for those shopping on a budget. For the price, these mats provide fantastic value on par with the standard for the market.
The eighth BBQ cooking mat review focuses on the Chef Caron Non-Stick BBQ Grill Mats, a set of two mats. These mats withstand temperatures up to 500ºF and are exceptionally thin at a quarter millimeter thickness, which allows for searing lines to still show through.
The PFOA free, non-stick mats are FDA approved and guaranteed safe for use with your food. There’s also an included lifetime money back guarantee.
- Money back guarantee ensures you’re either satisfied or you’re refunded
- The mats are also FDA approved, meaning they are ensured safe for use with your foods
The Chef Caron Non-Stick BBQ are one of the lightest models on the market and allow for you grill to leave sear lines on your food without the mess. The lifetime money back guarantee is also a tough feature to pass on!
Rolling along with the reviews is the next, non-stick, BBQ grill mat set, the Kitchen Joy BBQ . This set of three mats withstands temperatures up to 500ºF and, like many other models, are 100% PFOA free and constructed of PTFE coating.
They’re guaranteed to be reusable for five years and they’re also conveniently dishwasher safe.
- The mats are guaranteed reusable for at least five years, meaning it’ll be a while before you need to replace them
- Money back guaranteed ensures you’re satisfied or refunded
The Kitchen Joy BBQ Grill Mat set is a terrific option for your new mats, perhaps solely based on its money back guarantee feature. They’re also reusable and should last you years before needing to be replaced.
The final grill mats for charcoal grills set in review is the RENOOK Mat set. This set of six mats is the largest set on the list and, as all models are, are non-stick.
These mats are unique in that they have a lower peak temperature than the standard set with a peak usage temperature of 400ºF. The mats are dishwasher safe and are designed for at least 100 uses on each side, being that it is reversible.
- 100% Refund guaranteed if you’re dissatisfied with the grilling mats
- Dishwasher safe makes cleaning simple and hans-off
- When use time exceeds 30 minutes, the maximum temperature cannot exceed 260ºF
In conclusion, this final set in review, the RENOOK Mat set, is a great set to end the list. They have lower peak usage temperatures than most of the competition but their design is meant for longevity and they deliver with that design.
In conclusion, having a grill mat is essential for keeping your grill clean, cooking more savory food, and protecting from grease fires. Our top recommendation, the Kona Best BBQ Grill Mat, boasts the highest peak usage temperature with a threshold up to 600ºF. This set is the only one on the list that reaches temperatures that high.
But perhaps you don’t need that much heat-resistance; for you we recommend the Grillaholics Grill Mat. These mats withstand the average 500ºF and come with a lifetime manufacturer’s warranty.
However, as we can infer from the list, there are plenty of viable options on the market. No matter the models you choose to consider, be sure to compare features as we’ve done here and you’ll be sure to get the exact set of mats you need! Your grill grease can wait no longer, get your new mat now