The 6 Best Cheap Small BBQ Grills Under $100 in 2020
Are you ready to get outside and start grilling for the summer? If you are excited to get grilling but can’t decide which grill to buy, we have compiled a list of the best gas grills under 100 dollars to help you decide. We meticulously researched a variety of gas grills and assessed performance, safety and durability, among other things. The result is our list of the best propane gas grills for under $100.
We also tell you what factors to consider when looking for your new propane grill.
- 1 Our Recommended Grills Under $100
- 2 6 Best Propane Gas Grill Under $100 Reviews:
- 2.1 1. Cuisinart CGG-059 Propane, Grillster Portable Gas Grill
- 2.2 2. Coleman Fold N Go Propane Grill
- 2.3 3. Char-Broil Deluxe Portable Liquid Propane Gas Grill
- 2.4 4. Blackstone Table Top Grill – 17 Inch Portable Gas Griddle
- 2.5 5. Char-Broil Stainless Steel Portable Liquid Propane Gas Grill
- 2.6 6. Coleman Party Propane Grill
- 3 Factors to Consider When Buying Gas Grill Under $100
- 4 Making The Decision
Our Recommended Grills Under $100
- Our Rating:
- Grilling surface: 146 Sq. In.
8, 000 BTU
Grill measures: 19 x 11. 5 x 10 in.
Weighs: 10 lbs.
Warranty: 3-year limited warranty
- Our Rating:
- Grilling surface: 105 Sq. In.
6, 000 BTU
Grill measures: 14 x 4.5 x 16 in.
Shipping Weight: 10.2 pounds
6 Best Propane Gas Grill Under $100 Reviews:
To start, this Cuisinart Grillster is one of the best portable gas grills under $100. This grill is made of steel and ceramic which gives it a stylish look and adds to the functionality of the grill as well.
The 8,000 BUT burner runs on a one pound propane tank with a push-to-ignite button. This grill also comes pre-assembled so you can get right to grilling as soon as you take it out of the box. The locking lid ensures that your grill will stay safe even during transportation.
- No assembly required, this grill comes ready to go. Just attach a one pound propane tank and you’ll be grilling in less than five minutes!
- This grill comes with a three-year warranty so you can rest assured that your grill will last you for years to come
- Because of its size this grill is best suited to cooking for one or two people.
This is a great grill to start off our list. Compact, portable and durable, this grill is sure to kickstart your summer!
You don’t need to break the bank to have your own propane grill. A great budget grill is the Coleman Fold N Go. This miniature propane grill is easily portable and still packs a punch.
This grill has 6,000 BTUs and the horseshoe-snapped grill plate heats evenly and are removable and dishwasher safe.
- Convenient handle allows you to carry this grill around for grilling on the beach, or while camping, anywhere you want to grill!
- The removable cooking surface is dishwasher safe so you can clean it with ease.
- This grill is a great deal for under $70.
- Because the cooking surface is removable, the plates may become loose after regular use of this grill.
- This grill is not as powerful as other grills on this list at only 6,000 BTUs.
For a great portable propane grill at an affordable price, Coleman makes just what you are looking for!
Char-Broil makes some of the best inexpensive gas grills, and this portable propane grill is just one example. This standard grill is great for small families and balcony grilling.
This powerful, 11,000 BTU grill has a more traditional look than other grills on this list. You can use a 16.4 or 14.1 ounce propane cylinders with these tanks and the push-button ignition is safer than the traditional method of lighting it with a match.
- Push-button ignition makes starting this grill quick and safe.
- 11,000 BTUs makes this one of the most powerful propane grills for under $100 on our list.
- These grills are made of steel and will rust easily if left outside for extended periods of time.
For a great little grill with 11,000 BTUs of grilling power, check out the Char-Broil portable propane grill. This standard grill for under a hundred dollars will be a great summer addition.
If a griddle is more your style, the Blackstone table-top propane grill is a great option. This is one of the best low budget grills available today for under $80.
With this compact propane grill you can cook the perfect steak, stir fry veggies or even make pancakes. And it is as durable as it is versatile, with 12,000 BTUs of cooking power.
- “H” shaped heating element heats the grill top evenly so your food will all be cooked at the same time, regardless of where on the grill it sits.
- The griddle sits upside-down on the top of the grill for more compact and safe storage.
- The griddle top has a bumpy surface and some food may stick to it during use.
This grill provides restaurant quality cooking capabilities at a reasonable price. It is the perfect griddle for making pancakes on a camping trip.
Char-Broil has another low cost gas grill on our list with this stainless steel model. There are a few upgrades to this model compared to the other Char-Broil model earlier on this list, but the price point is still under $100.
This beautifully crafted, stainless steel model has a large surface area for cooking and heat resistant handles for ease of portablility.
- 10,000 BTUs means quick heating up time and an excellent sear on all your steaks and veggies.
- The design of this model makes it the most stylish model on our list.
- The grill grate might be a little difficult to clean.
If you want a grill that combines style with grilling power, check out this grill from Char-Broil.
Another stylish grill, and the last one on our list of good cheap grills is the Coleman Party Propane Grill. This grill combines the look of a classic charcoal grill with the modern convenience of a push-to-start ignition.
The Coleman Party Grill uses 8,000 BTUs that can run for up to two hours on high with just one 16.4 ounce propane cylinder.
- Detachable legs fit right into the grill so this grill is easy to transport and store.
- Coleman’s Perfect-Flow technology means that you can use this grill even in windy conditions.
- 8,000 BTUs means that this is one of the less powerful grills on our list.
While not the most powerful, this is definitely one of the best looking grills on our list.
Factors to Consider When Buying Gas Grill Under $100
Now that you have a good idea of the best budget BBQ grill for under $100, it is time to consider what factors are most important to you when deciding which grill to get. Here are some things to consider when looking for a cheap gas barbecue grills:
Most of the grills on this list are made with stainless steel, and will handle better in outdoor environments. Either way you want to be sure to keep your grill clean and dry so it will last as long as possible.
Some of the grills do not come apart however and that should be taken into consideration.
Some grills on this list have grates while others have whole surfaces. There are also size difference as well as push-to-ignite features.
Decide which of theses are most important to you and choose accordingly. Personally, we’d go with the push-to-ignite start button feature.
As always, price is one of the most important factors. Every grill on this list is under $100, however, some are much more affordable than others.
You definitely want to be sure to check whether your grill has a warranty included or not.
A warranty is not technically necessary, but it adds an extra element of protection to help your grill stay new longer and last for years to come.
Once you have considered these options you will have a good understanding of what will work best for you.
Making The Decision
By now you know what to look for when shopping around for the best affordable BBQ grill. Make a list of your priorities in order and that way you can narrow down grills to your favorite.
Our personal favorite is the Cuisinart CGG-059 Portable Liquid Propane Gas Grill for its versatility and classic style. These grills work on patios as easily as they work during a picnic, and the classic propane grill design will feel like you are using a full-sized grill.
Whichever you choose, you are sure to have summer time fun on-the-go with any of the grills on this list.