10 Best Grills Under $1000 in 2020 High-End Grills for Your Backyard!
It can be challenging to find just the right type of grill for your backyard. Even though I’ve been a backyard grill master for many years and I’ve had a lot of experience with many types of grills, I still like to do my research and find the grill that has the features I like.
There’s nothing worse than spending money on something that doesn’t work for you. When putting together this list, I used products that I have personally used over the years to ensure the reviews were based on actual use of the grill.
Even though I have several years of experience working with many of these products, I still took the time to work with each individual to see how quickly they lit up, how well they seared steaks and burgers, and how long the cleanup took.
It’s important to look at the Best grills under $1000 category as this is still an affordable price point for most people, but you aren’t getting the mediocre run of the mill grill that can just crank of burgers.
We are talking about a higher performance grill that gives you those restaurant-quality steaks and burgers that you dream about during the workday when you are thinking about the weekend.
Let’s get started with a few reviews of my personal favorites when it comes to grills under $1000.
- 1 A Brief Comparison Gas Grills under $1000
- 2 10 Best-Rated Grills Under $1000:
- 2.1 1. Weber Genesis II E-410 NG Grill – Best 4 Burner Natural Gas Pick
- 2.2 2. Weber Genesis II E-315 Grill – Best 3 Burner Natural Gas Pick
- 2.3 3. Best TRU-Infrared Pick Char-Broil Signature 525 Propane Gas Grill
- 2.4 4. Napoleon LEX 485 BBQ Grill – Best Propane Gas Pick
- 2.5 5. Kamado Joe KJ23RH Classic I Charcoal Grill – Best Kamado Pick
- 2.6 6. Pit Boss 71220 Kamado Ceramic Grill Cooker
- 2.7 7. Weber Genesis II LX E-240 – Best 2 Burner Liquid Propane Grill
- 2.8 8. Napoleon Grills Built-in Prestige 500 – Best Built-in Propane Pick
- 2.9 9. Best Built-in Natural Gas Pick KitchenAid 740-0780 Propane Gas Grill
- 2.10 10. Best Pellet Camp Chef Woodwind Classic with Sear Box
- 3 Conclusion
A Brief Comparison Gas Grills under $1000
- Our Rating
- Primary Cooking Area: 646 sq.in
Total Cooking Area: 844 sq.in
Fuel Type: Natural Gas
- Our Rating
- Primary Cooking Area: 513 sq.in
Total Cooking Area: 669 sq.in
Fuel Type: Natural Gas
- Our Rating
- Primary Cooking Area: 525 sq.in
Total Cooking Area: 725 sq.in
BTU: N/A (13,000 BTU side burner)
Fuel Type: Liquid Propane Gas
10 Best-Rated Grills Under $1000:
With a large grilling area and a high-performance system, the Weber Genesis II E-410 gives you a lot of features to make tons of food for family and friends.
With a convenient side table, you can easily prep food, make side dishes, or work on sauces. Featuring Weber’s GS4 grilling system, you not only get the ease of use but an unrivaled grilling experience.
When considering the best natural gas grills under $1000, the Weber Genesis II E-410 provides great heat retention with their porcelain-enameled cast-iron cooking grates.
It is also compatible with the Igrill 3 that allows you to keep an eye on your food remotely, so that you can make perfectly grilled food.
- It doesn’t have flare-ups, and it comes with a lot of space
- It is very easy to get nice seared steaks and burgers
- Great price, easy to clean, and cooks really well
- The bottom is not enclosed, which can be a problem if you have animals underfoot
- Some users can’t get a good sear
Featuring an exclusive grilling engine, the world-class Weber Genesis II E-315 features three powerful burners guaranteed to start each time.
Using the I grill 3 smart technology, you can easily keep an eye on your food to ensure perfectly cooked food. And, it uses Weber’s GS4 grilling system that provides an unequaled experienced in backyard grilling
- The grill gets crazy hot
- It is very easy to use and gives consistent heat
- It always starts and gives you great tasting food
- Assembly is a bit challenging
- Customer service is not very helpful with issues
Featuring four burners, the Char-Broil Signature TRU-Infrared 525 comes with the Char-Broil’s TRU-Infrared cooking system.
Providing better performance, the TRU-Infrared technology has great temperature control and range. You also get style and durability with the stainless-steel side shelves, doors, fascia, control panel, and steel lid.
Including 525 square inches of cooking surface, the Char-Broil Signature TRU-Infrared 525 gives you lots of versatility featuring cast-iron grates along with a stainless-steel emitter and a 13,000 BTU side burner with cast iron griddle.
The included cabinet and stainless-steel doors help to conceal the propane tank while also giving you added storage.
This is a dual fuel compatible grill allowing you to easily convert from natural gas to propane, and you also get four casters for better mobility when you need it.
- It does a great job of preserving juices and cooking the meat
- This grill can get super-hot if you want it to
- There is a lot of cooking surface on this grill and good control of the heat
- Assembly takes a while
- It is hard to clean the searing trays under the grill grate
Made of durable stainless steel, the Napoleon LEX 485 Propane Gas Grill features both an Infrared Rear and Side Burner.
This grill is made to withstand even the harshest weather while giving you everything you need to make a delicious meal for your family.
When you consider the best stainless-steel grill under $1000, this affordable grill gives you plenty of storage as well as the best place to store all your favorite grilling accessories.
On the side are nice sized shelves that help you when working on your meal while the four main burners giving you incredible heat and searing control for roasting, smoking, and baking.
With the infrared SIZZLE ZONE™ side burner, you can get to the perfect searing temperature in just a few seconds and heat restaurant-quality steaks on the cast iron cooking grid.
And, after it gets dark, you’ll see the brilliant blue of the i-Glow™ backlit control knobs making this a fun addition to your patio.
- Ignition always starts, and it gives great sears
- Tons of space to cook food
- Side shelves are pretty handy to hold food while you cook
- The instructions aren’t very clear on how to work the lighting system
- Assembly is time-consuming
Imparting a smoky and rich flavor to vegetables, meats, and foods, the Asian-style kamado grill has been used for centuries.
With a thick wall, this cooker allows air to flow through its ceramic body and out a vented dome. Allowing chunk charcoal to come to life through heat and smoke, the Kamado Joe is a modernized version of this classic grill.
Drawing on a proud tradition, the Kamado Joe uses unmatched craftsmanship, a range of cooking surfaces, and innovative accessories. With a thick, heat-resistant shell, this is one of the best kamado grills under 1000 bucks when it comes to locking in moisture and smoking food at any temperature.
You can smoke meat at 225 Fahrenheit using the precise temperature Kontrol and the Tower Top Vent to increase the fire up to 750 Fahrenheit.
This allows you to sear in flavor with direct charcoal flavored heat using the two-tier Divide & Conquer grill system.
Compatible with a range of grilling surfaces and accessories, the Kamado Joe gives you incredible results for any type of smoking or grilling you plan to do.
- It works really well and is consistent with frequent use
- This grill smokes food really well
- The ash drawer makes clean up a lot easier than other models
- The cooking area is a little cramped at times
- The manual is not at all useful
- The regular price is higher than 1000, but you can get this kamado on sales for under $1000
Making it super easy to grill great tasting BBQ, the Pit Boss Kamado charcoal ceramic cooker offers versatility, quality, and attractiveness in a modern-day version of an ancient Asian cooker.
Built and design to last for years, the Pit Boss 71220 is affordably priced and versatile enough to cook just about anything. Charcoal creates heat that is captured inside the grills thick walls which then radiates straight into your food to enhance flavor and lock in moisture.
Using thermal efficiencies, the Pit Boss is able to maximize the burn efficiencies of the individual lumps of charcoal while utilizing the calibrated cooking vents to create incredible temperature control allowing you to slow cook vegetables, turkey, pizza, and ribs.
Giving you two-tier cooking and a total of 567 square inches, the Pit Boss uses a cooking grid more od of solid stainless-steel that is more than enough room to cook for your family and friends.
With a wood handle, heavy-duty hardware, and spring, you can easily lift the heavy lid and hold it into position.
One of the best outdoor grills under $1000, the Pit Boss also has a shock absorber and fireproof felt edge that guides and protects the lid.
With two folding wooden shelves, you have plenty of space to hold food or your cooking utensil, plus it can easily fold up for storage.
- The grill works well with a dutch oven
- It is pretty easy to smoke food with this grill
- This is easy to use a grill that is perfect for hot dog and burgers
- The felt liner on the edge tends to fall off
- It’s hard to keep a low temperature
Another choice for the best propane gas grills under $1000 is the two-burner Weber Genesis II that features the GS4 grilling system, which sets the standard for grilling.
With an innovative grilling system, this grill provides ease of use and incredible satisfaction for those that like to grill in their backyard. Promising that their burners will ignite each time and food will grill consistently and evenly no matter where you put it on the cooking grate.
The GS4 grilling system uses four important components that include the grease management system, Flavorizer bars, high-performance burners, and the Infinity ignition.
Guaranteeing that your experience will be reliable and easy, the Weber Genesis II has created a strong grilling engine within this grill and uses the grease management system and Flavorizer bars to lessen the risk of flare-ups and to also make grease removal easy.
- Provides even heat and quick preheating
- This is a nice durable grill that will last a long time
- Great looking addition to your backyard
- It uses some plastic parts
Featuring durability and style, the stainless-steel built-in Prestige 500 by Napoleon that features cast iron cooking grids that are revisable to give you even heat and precise sear marks each time you cook.
Similar to an old-fashioned cast-iron pan, these grids are durable and long-lasting. It also comes with a jetfire ignition system that ensures it will light each time.
With multiple burners, you get lots of versatility and you use either indirect or direct cooking. With the included infrared rear burner, you can make rotisserie meals or change things up by using charcoal for smoking and grilling.
Considered one of the best built-in gas grills with rotisserie burner, the Prestige 500 gives you lots of freedom to cook the way you want.
- It comes with a great infrared feature
- You get a spit and rotisserie motor with the grill
- It is durable and gives you a good sear
- The manual is very hard to follow
- The included bolts didn’t fit during assembly
- The price is under 1300 bucks but you can get it on sales for pretty affordable price.
The KitchenAid 740-0780 is an attractive built-in propane gas grill made with premium materials that are corrosion-resistant.
Durable and easy to maintain, the grill comes with 775 square inches of cooking space and includes thrusts up to 61,000 BTUs. Considered one of the best gas barbecues under $1000, this grill gives you tons of energy through four stainless steel burners as well as a ceramic rotisserie burner.
Placed right over the main burners you will find angled flame tamers deflecting heat and preventing flare-ups.
These flame tamers also help to infuse flavor into your food by vaporizing the drippings and giving everything a distinctive smoky taste.
With the Even-Heat System, you get an evenly distributed heat that is consistent, so you don’t have to worry about hot spots.
And, the electronic ignition lets the burners instantly fire up while the built-in thermometer provides accurate temperature regulation.
- This is an attractive grill for your patio
- It is very easy to use and works really well
- It is very easy to clean
- The “welded” grill grates tend to break
- Assembly is a bit of a pain
Giving you a lot of value for the money, the Camp Chef Woodwind Classic gives you a lot more features compared than other grills in the same class.
With a cooking area of 429 square inches, this grill also comes with a second rack measuring 141 square inches as well as a patented ash cleanout cup.
Basically, one of the handiest grills in the industry, it is considered one of the best pellet grill under $1000 and definitely outshines its competitors with features that include cooking temps up to 500 degrees as well as an internal meat temperature probe.
You also get a built-in “shutdown mode”, a side shelf, and a hopper cleanout system.
- This grill gives you really high temperatures and more cooking speeds than other grills
- It gives you food great flavor
- It works really well and is easy to assemble
- It does not give you a lot of smoke flavor
- When you turn the heat down, you have to start the heat process all over again
The winner of the best grills under $1000 is the Weber Genesis II LX E-240 Liquid Propane Grill. Not only does it feature the GS4 grilling system, but it also gives you ease of use and incredible grilling experience.
Ensuring that the burners will ignite every time, you also get food that is grilled consistently and evenly no matter where it is placed on the cooking grate.
And, it uses a grease management system and Flavorizer bars that lessen the risk of flare-ups and make grease removal easy. Make sure to check out the Weber Genesis II LX E-240 when you are out shopping for your next grill