The 10 Best Gas Grills with Side Burner Review in 2020
Efficiency is key when you are creating a delicious meal for your family. Get the facts about the best grills with side burner so that you can easily determine which one fulfills the needs of your family.
Here you will learn about the specifications of each grill and you will see what other people have to say to ensure that you make the right choice.
With this comprehensive information that we derived following extensive research, you can easily compare and contrast each grill. Now, it is time to get started to show the best gas grills for the money.
- 1 Best 2 Burner Gas Grills with Side Burners:
- 2 Best 3 Burner Gas Grills with Side Burners:
- 3 Best 4 Burner Gas Grills with Side Burners:
- 4 Factors to Consider When Buying Grills with Side Burners
- 5 Grills with Side Burners FAQ
- 6 Summary
Our Top Recommended Gas Grills with Side Burner
Whether you are seeking a four-burner gas grill or one with two burners, a side-by-side comparison if the top options makes it easier to choose the right one.
- Our Rating:
- BTUs: 32,000
Cooking Space: 495 Square Inches
Materials: Stainless and Porcelain Coated Steel
- The Napoleon Rogue 365 Gas Grill operates powerfully at 32,000 BTUs and has precise heat control.
There are two burners that you can use independently for different functions from searing to roasting.
With 495 square inches of grilling space, this grill makes it easy to prepare an entire meal for your family.
- Our Rating:
- BTUs: 12,000
Cooking Space: 380 Square Inches
Materials: Stainless Steel
- The Weber Genesis Gas Grill is a grill that operates on natural gas.
With a solid grease management system and a flavorizer, you can keep the space clean while imparting different flavors on your foods.
Use the side burner to get your sauces ready while grilling your meal on the main cooking area.
- Our Rating:
- BTUs: 8,000
Cooking Space: 280 Square Inches
Materials: Stainless and Porcelain Coated Steel
- The Char-Broil Liquid Propane Gas Grill offers a generous grilling area at 280 square inches, allowing you to prepare full meals for your family.
With two in-line burners, you are always getting optimal cooking performance.
Due to the materials, this grill remains durable even with regular use.
Best 2 Burner Gas Grills with Side Burners:
- It heats up quickly
- The grill maintains a steady temperature
- There is a lot of cooking space on the grill
- Some components may warp prematurely
The Weber Genesis Gas Grill operates on natural gas, making it easy to have a constant and efficient fuel source for cooking. The two burners are easy to use and will maintain a constant temperature.
The cooking grates are made from stainless steel to ensure durability even when you are using the grill often. Take advantage of the additional warming rack that offers 114 square inches of space to keep your prepared foods warm while everything else is cooking.
The general cooking area is 380 square inches, providing you with plenty of space to cook a whole meal for a larger family or a small gathering on a warm day.
- You can put it together quickly
- The grease management system is easy to use
- It does not take up a lot of space
- The gas valve may fail prematurely
The Char-Broil Liquid Propane Gas Grill provides sufficient cooking space so that you can cook an entire meal at once.
This grill’s burners maintain a stable temperature so that you do not have to worry about burning what you are cooking. Stainless steel makes up the burners to ensure optimal durability.
There are metal shelves on the side of the grill so that you can keep your cooking accessories within reach while using the grill.
The firebox and lid have a porcelain coating that offer protection when your grill is sitting outside. This coating also helps the inside of the grill to maintain a steadier temperature when you are grilling.
- It is easy to assemble
- The grill holds up to regular use
- You can regulate the temperature smoothly
- The powder coating may wear off prematurely
Best 3 Burner Gas Grills with Side Burners:
The Weber 330 Gas Grill puts out 9,000 BTUs so that you are getting a good combination of both power and efficiency. It will heat up and prepare your side dishes and sauces quickly due to this BTU level.
Take advantage of the sear station so that you can get strong enough heat to put sear marks on your meats. Since the grates are made from cast iron, they hold heat well and ensure that it is evenly distributed across the grate. The grate also has porcelain enamel, ensuring greater longevity and that it is easy to clean.
The assembly instructions are interactive and in 3D. Due to this, it is easy to see exactly the steps you need to take to get your grill together in no time.
- The side burner has strong temperature control
- You get even heat distribution
- The grill is relatively easy to assemble
- Some frame components may wear down prematurely
The Napoleon Infrared Natural Gas Grill allows you to use a variety of cooking styles from grilling to using it as a rotisserie. You can even roast meats when you are using this grill.
This makes it easy to get the exact type of foods that you want to serve to your guests. It also ensures optimal versatility.
The heat control is precise to making cooking easy. You can get the grill going quickly so that you are not waiting long to start serving your guests.
It is easy to get the knobs adjusted to the perfect temperature no matter what you are cooking. They also have independent temperature control, allowing you to prepare multiple foods at once.
- The grates clean up easily
- You can cook in multiple styles
- The materials are very durable
- It can take a little time to learn all of the features
The Char-Broil Signature Gas Grill has a warming rack that measures 155 square inches, making it easy to keep prepared foods warm. Ensure even heating and easy cleanup due to the cast iron grates that feature a porcelain coating.
The side burner operates at 13,000 BTUs for optimal efficiency. When you are ready to use your grill, simply push a button and it will start to heat up right away.
- It uses good technology
- You can put it together quickly
- The grill heats up fast
- The ignition may fail prematurely
The Char-Griller Gas Grill has both a warming rack and a primary cooking area, making it easy to keep your foods warm when you are waiting for the rest of your meal to get finished. Take advantage of the utensil hooks so that you can keep all of your accessories within arm’s reach.
The ignition is electric, so the grill comes to life quickly when you push the button to get it started. This grill’s grates are made from strong cast iron. They also have a porcelain coating for more durability.
- The grill heats up quickly
- It does not take long to assemble
- You get a lot of features with this grill
- The bottom of the body may start to rust with continued use
Best 4 Burner Gas Grills with Side Burners:
The Weber Genesis II Propane Grill has 69,000 BTUs for optimal efficiency when you are cooking. With four burners, you can make all of the side dishes for your meal while the main course is cooking on the grill.
The cooking grates are cast iron and have a porcelain enamel on them. This makes them easy to clean and resistant against damage and corrosion even when you are using the grill often.
In addition to the standard grilling space, you also get a warming rack with this grill. When it is not in use, you can tuck it away so that it is not in your way while you are cooking.
Take advantage of the grease management system to make the grill easy to clean when you are done using it.
- This grill has superior temperature control
- The stainless steel material is very durable
- It cooks everything evenly
- The openings on the cabinet are large enough for critters to get inside
The Napoleon Prestige Natural Gas Grill offers a high level of BTUs to help make sure that you are able to grill efficiently no matter how much food you are preparing. The infrared technology offers even and consistent cooking on all elements of the grill.
The lid is a top roll style so that it is easy to close and open as needed. With a hose length of 120 inches, you have a lot of freedom regarding where and how you place this grill. There are LED lights on the grill that make it a lot easier to see when you are cooking at night or in other low light situations.
- The knobs light up so that it is easier to see at night
- There is a lot of space on the grill
- You get even heating throughout the process
- The assembly instructions could be clearer
The Char-Broil Infrared Gas Grill ensures that your food cooks evenly while preventing flareups that could be dangerous. You get ample cooking space so that no type of food is out of reach.
The grates have a porcelain coating that keeps this resistant to rust and highly durable. This feature also makes it very easy to clean the grates when you are done using the grill.
To get it started, all you have to do is push a button. The grill will be started and ready to go so that you do not have to wait for a long time before you start cooking. Throughout the cooking process, you will not have to worry about issues with hot spots and cold spots.
- The heating is very even
- You can clean the grill easily
- The grill starts up within seconds
- The warming rack could be larger
Factors to Consider When Buying Grills with Side Burners
There are a lot of good gas grills on the market. To make the best choice, you have to know what factors to explore to ensure that you make the right choice. With the right information, it will be easier to see which of these top 10 gas grills re the best for you.
However, there are grills on the market with as many as eight burners.
The width measurements for the grilling space range from zero to 26 inches to more than 43 inches, depending on the size that you need.
How you plan to use your grill will play a major role in which grill is the best.
Consider the following to pick the right grill for your cooking style:
- If you prefer a slow and low style of cooking, a gas grill that has a smokebox or the ability to also incorporate charcoal is going to be your best option.
- If you want to get strong sear marks and cook thicker cuts of meat that will retain moisture at high heats, a gas infrared grill is the optimal choice.
Many grills have storage capacity below the main grilling area.
The larger ones may even have side shelves and similar characteristics that allow you to keep all of your accessories within arm’s reach.
There are different materials used to make up the burners on a gas grill.
Learning more about them will help you to make the best decision as to which burner material is the best choice for you. The following are possible burner material types:
- Cast iron burners: These burners tend to have a lot of power. Just be aware that rusting is possible with cast iron.
- Infrared burners: If you want crispy edges on your meat or you want to caramelize foods, this type of burner is an ideal choice.
- Stainless steel burners: A perforated tube makes up this type of burner. If you want a clean blue fire and durability, this is the burner material that you want to choose.
- Tin burners: If you want a grill that is simple, this is the type of burner you will typically be using. Be aware that they do not hold heat as well as other materials and they are highly prone to rusting.
Grills with Side Burners FAQ
Once you learn about the good gas grill brands, it is time to see what models fit your needs. Getting the most important questions answered can help with this.
Is Gas Better Than Charcoal?
Overall, it depends on your personal preferences. However, compared to charcoal, natural gas tends to be the less expensive option.
When considering the cooking time for every dollar that you spend, gas is usually the better option. You also have to consider that charcoal tends to leave waste when you have a high level of control over the amount of gas that you are using.
How Are Natural Gas and Propane Different?
Once you decide on a gas grill, you have to decide the type of gas that the grill will use. Compared to natural gas, propane is usually the denser of the two gases. When you are thinking about things like flavor and temperature, both types of gas usually produce the same results.
What is the Best BTU Rating for a Grill?
There is no exact range for what level of BTUs will be the best for your grill. Since the BTUs are related to efficiency instead of temperature, you have to decide how efficient you want your grill to be and then you can go from there.
With an efficient grill, you can get more out of every propane tank that you use to save money and ensure longer cooking times per full tank of propane.
With all of this information it will be easy to determine the best side burner grill. When you make the right choice, it is easier to prepare the meals that your family loves most.
While all of these grills are a solid option, the Napoleon Rogue 365 Gas Grill tops them all. It operates at 32,000 BTUs for optimal grilling and cooking power. On the grill alone, you get 495 square inches of cooking space.
The side burner offers more than enough space to get your side dishes and sauces ready for the main meal.
With a combination of stainless and porcelain-coated steel, you can rest assured that this grill will remain durable even when you use it frequently. Use this grill for a variety of cooking methods, whether you want to grill or roast your foods.
The next step is to evaluate all of the options that are presented here. Then, all you have to do is choose one and get to preparing your favorite meals.