8 Best Kettle Grill Reviews in 2020
Can you figure this, you and your friends in the backyard sitting at the tables, while others are enjoying the cold drinks soaking up the sunshine. You have just decided to bring together your closest friends and family members to have some good time.
No pressure or anything, however, you are in charge of providing your guests with meals. Do you have enough skills to ensure your guest don’t go home hungry? More importantly, do you have appropriate tools to prepare the tastiest and yummiest burgers and hotdogs?
If your response to the first question was a solid answer, but you are not sure with the second question, you’ve come to the right place. We’ve tested and tried different kettle grills to help you get a response to the second question.
But before proceeding with these top-rated kettle reviews, ensure you first eat something; otherwise, you may find it hard to concentrate with the mouth-watering flavors you will meet along the way. Without further ado, let’s jump to the best kettle grills in 2020 for killer barbecue parties and worth your money.
- 1 Our Recommended Kettle Grills
- 2 8 Best Kettle Grills on the Market:
- 2.1 1. Weber Original Kettle Premium Charcoal Grill 22 Inch
- 2.2 2. Char-Broil Kettleman Charcoal Grill
- 2.3 3. Kingsford OGD2001901 KF Charcoal Kettle Grill
- 2.4 4. Napoleon PRO22K-LEG-2 Kettle Grill
- 2.5 5. Magma Marine Kettle Gas Grill
- 2.6 6. Weber Jumbo Joe Charcoal Grill
- 2.7 7. Cuisinart CCG190 Portable Charcoal Grill
- 2.8 8. QOMOTOP Charcoal Grill
- 3 Factors to Consider When Buying a Kettle Grill
- 4 Kettle Grill FAQ
- 5 Final Verdict
Our Recommended Kettle Grills
- Our Rating
- Cooking area: 363 sq. in.
Product Dimensions: 39.5 x 22.5 x 27 in.
Item Weight: 32.3 pounds
- Our Rating
- Cooking area: 360 sq. in.
Product Dimensions: 29.9 x 27.4 x 14.8 in.
Item Weight: 36 pounds
8 Best Kettle Grills on the Market:
We are opening our TOP 8 best weber kettle grill with people’s favorite – Weber, a reputable name when listing barbecue tools and always a priority grill for anyone looking for a reliable charcoal grill.
With a 363 square inch cooking space, Weber original kettle is ideal for doing perfect BBQ for small to medium groups of people.
Even though its round shape may not appeal from an aesthetic point of view, but it is ideal for distributing heat evenly. The handles on this Weber charcoal grill are made of glass, which doesn’t heat quickly, so you will barely need gloves.
- Easy to clean after use, thanks to the one-touch system.
- It is versatile. You can perfectly cook a variety of meals from roasting brisket to baking dough.
- With a durable wheel, it can be easily moved around the yard without much hassle.
- Precision heat control. You can adjust the temperatures without lifting the lid, by opening or closing the dampers.
- The charcoal grate width is very large to hold small charcoal bit; as a result, they go straight down.
The Char-broil Kettleman grill enables users to grill their meals evenly with greater temperature control, through the use of infrared technology. It has a 360 square inches cooking area that is more than enough for an average family size. The grates and cooking space are coasted with porcelain making them resistant to rust.
The vents on the lid can be adjusted to alter the cooking temperatures. Besides, the charcoal grate can be raised up or down to bring heat closer or further to the food, depending on how you want it to be. The two wheels offer smooth mobility and a chrome-plated wire at the bottom for stability and convenience.
- It has a large vent on the top of the lid that can be adjusted to regulate the cooking temperature.
- It is easy to empty the ash and clean. The ash pan is perfectly placed on the bottom of the grill to hold and retain ash.
- The rust-resistant cooking grate prevents the foods from falling through, prevents flare-ups, and helps distribute heat evenly.
- The lid-mounted temperature gauge helps keep track of the inside temperature.
- It doesn’t come with a built-in table; therefore, you will need extra space to place your table.
- The distance between the coal rack and the cooking rack is very close.
Here we have another stainless grill, but this time from Kingsford. With its unique design, believed to have originated from China, this grill has made it through across the globe thanks, partially, to its looks but also the fantastic features it offers.
Its unique design is perfect for distributing heat evenly and 354 sq. inches of cooking area is enough for small to medium group of people. This grill is very sturdy even though it comes with two wheels making it portable.
- The grill is easy to assemble and looks good and sturdy.
- It has a bottom rack that provides space for extra storage.
- Has two durable wheels, which makes it easy to move it from one area to another.
- It has an air vent that plays a significant role in regulating temperature.
- Some consumers complain about its small height; however, its primary purpose is not the size, but cooking capacity.
Many grilling enthusiasts will prefer cooking with charcoal, which is the only natural infrared grilling fuel. Although it has a compact design, which for the better side saves space, the cooking area is big enough to feed tow dozens of people, grilling up to 24 hamburgers all at once.
As a multipurpose griller, you can either roast, smoke, or grill your favorite meal with ease. The rust-resistant iron cooking grids are hinged for smooth opening and closing when adding coal or wood chips & chunks.
With strong, durable wheels, you can move this grill anywhere with ease, even on rough terrain. Grilling like a pro has never been easier with a charcoal grill like Napoleon pro griller.
- The lid is attached to the bowl through hinges that moves the lid up and down, allowing access to the whole grill, while protecting your hands from the heat.
- The porcelain bowl is heavy and sturdy; therefore, it cannot be moved easily by anything.
- It has a bottom rack that provides extra storage space.
- The cooking area is approximately 365 square inches, which is large enough for preparing up to 23 hamburgers.
- It has 2 wheels that make mobility of this grill possible.
- Spring clips that holds the ash bowel are somehow challenging to attach.
- Lid does not securely attach.
Made of 100% mirror stainless steel, Magma kettle gas grill is safe, durable, and will give you the performance that matches marine grilling needs. The uniqueness of this grill lies in its usability.
The radiant plates responsible for heat distribution are highly efficient in spreading the temperature evenly. It heats very fast, making it an excellent tool for searing steaks, grilling burgers and hotdogs.
The turbo venturi tube allows you to adjust the control valve in wherever direction you find convenient. This makes it possible to change the fuel canister while still grilling safely. The grill can be quickly disassembled for easier cleaning. If you are looking for the best gas kettle BBQ for the boat, then this is what you need.
- It has a tight hinge between the lid and the bowel that prevents the cover from slating hard when closing.
- The turbo venturi valve, together with the newly designed burner eliminates blow-outs.
- Because it’s made of stainless steel, it is therefore easy to clean.
- It has high-tech radiant plates that ensure heat is uniformly distributed.
- It is shipped with accessories that are easy to mount and customize to a boat.
- The cooking area is small and can only cook for two people.
- The lid also drips the grease from it because it’s bigger than the bottom.
Do you want a grill that you can bring to the next adventure? If so, you should then consider the Weber jumbo joe charcoal grill. Like with large grills, this 18-inch grill has a porcelain-coated bowl and lid, as well as rust-resistant grates and ash catcher under the bowl.
This portable kettle barbecue grill can cook up to seven hamburgers at once, and the lid’s glass-reinforced nylon handle stays cool.
- It is portable
- Can be assembled very fast – average 15 minutes.
- It is cost-effective
- It lacks side handles
- There is no much airflow when the lid is closed
The Cuisinart portable charcoal grill is here to offer a solution to all your traveling grilling necessities. This compact grill is light in weight and can be transported easily but still offers 150 sq. inches of cooking area – suitable for small to medium families.
The bowl and lid are coated with enamel materials, giving them the strength to withstand harsh grilling conditions. For better convenience, the top is secure with three powerful locks, and the ash catcher can be easily accessed making cleaning easy.
- It is easy to set-up. By just following the instructions, you can assemble it with less than 10 minutes.
- It is compact, which makes it very portable.
- Has excellent heat retention and control.
- It has three lock lids for secure and safe transporting.
- It features enamel coated firebox and ash catcher that is easy to clean and maintain.
- Lacks side handles.
- The grip is flimsy
For a no-frills, classic grilling experience, the Qomotop charcoal grill is the perfect choice.This Qomotop charcoal grill features a rust-resistant lid and bowl that can withstand up to 800C high temperature. With a built-in thermometer and dampers on the lid, you can get full control of internal heat.
The plated steel cooking grates with hinges allows you to reload charcoal while still cooking, and angled lid hook that enables you to hang the top of the grill, keeping it off the ground.
After cooking, the Qomotop charcoal grill has a one-touch cleaning system that lets you sweep the debris and ash to the ashtray for ready for disposal.
- It features an in-built thermometer and dampers that works like a miracle in controlling internal temperature.
- With a one-touch cleaning system, the cleaning and maintenance process becomes effortless.
- It has two durable wheels that enhance its mobility.
- The lid is thick and steel coated, which makes it heat and rust-resistant.
- The instructions are not well-written, which makes it hard to understand.
Factors to Consider When Buying a Kettle Grill
Don’t forget that smaller grills are portable; therefore, find if you will be moving your grill across the yard or hiking parties.
On the other hand, heavier grills are stressful when transporting them.
Some grills come with unique features, which are aimed to make them more efficient in how they work. Certain brands will have special tools such as integrated thermometers, side tables, and a one-touch cleaning system.
So, weigh your needs and select the grill with special features that will meet your needs. You can utilize kettle grill reviews on different sites to understand the experiences people have had with those grills.
Grills are made with different materials ranging from enamel steel, ceramic to stainless steel, and each material has its pros and cons. And because grills are prone to weather damage, it is paramount to pick a grill made of durable material. However, no choice is wrong; it all depends on how you need to use your grill.
For instance, charcoal is easy to access almost in every grocery store, unlike gasoline, which saves you time and resources you’d have spent looking for it.
On the other hand, gas is convenient once you have it – you just turn the knob to start the fire, and there is no waiting like with coal before you begin cooking.
Most of the grill discussed above are very durable since they are made of high-quality materials. If you want a grill that will stand the test of time, iron cast or cast aluminum grills will prove you right on this. Ceramic grills are also suitable, as they deal with dilatation a lot better, but they can break easily.
Even though all enthusiast grillers are motivated by the quality of the grill, it is also necessary to consider the price. There is a delicate balance between features, portability, and cost. On this, we advise you to identify your needs, list different grills that are closer to what you want, and then lastly compare the prices.
Kettle Grill FAQ
How can I buy the best BBQ?
The priority to consider is price. So start with a rough estimate of your budget. Then narrow down to the fuel usage. Decide if you want a charcoal, gas, or electric gas.
Should I cover my kettle grill?
Yes, covering your grill is one way of keeping it clean and free from things like water, dust, pollen, or unwanted birds.
How to clean a kettle grill?
As mentioned above, cleaning is a necessary process. Most of the grills come with a dedicated cleaning system, such as a one-touch cleaning system that makes cleaning of ash and debris an easy task. On the surfaces, you can use a wire brush and finish the cleaning operation by drying the surfaces with mildly wet cloth.
On this guide, we’ve reviewed some of the best kettle grills for money in 2020, as well as few tips on how they are used. Grilled foods have unique taste and texture that can’t be produced with any other cooking style.
Of all the above grills, we believe Weber Jumbo Joe charcoal grill is the leading in our top list. What makes us think you shouldn’t lack this grill is because of its compact size. This makes it portable. Without any doubt, this grill is among the best small charcoal bbq. The cost of this grill is friendly, making it affordable to any serious griller.
Finally, we recommend you to take your time and analyze your needs before you make a purchase. When you, your family, and your friends enjoy the delicious smoked meat you made, you will feel the impact of your efforts. For more info about us contact, send us a Gmail message at ray3wash and we will be happy to respond.