10 Best Knives for Cutting Meat 2020
Have you ever tried to cut into a thick and juicy piece of meat, only to experience complete disappointment because the knife you were using wasn’t up to the task? This is a common problem for anyone who enjoys the finer cuts of meat, but being let down by your silverware does not have to occur.
The solution to your problem is choosing the best kitchen knife for cutting meat. In this post, we will look at ten of the best kitchen knives for cutting meat.
Our personal experience, the features of the knives, and the pros and cons of each knife will be examined in order to help you pick out the right type of knife for your budget and your eating habits.
Having a satisfactory eating experience requires having the best cutting knife available instead of settling for a mediocre one, so let’s get started!
- 1 10 Best Knives for Cutting Meat on the Market:
- 1.1 1. Mercer Culinary M23011 Millennia 11-Inch Granton Edge Slicer
- 1.2 2. Imarku Chef Knife-Pro Kitchen Knife 8 Inch Chefs knife High Carbon German
- 1.3 3. Shanasana 8 Carving Knife Ultimate Meat Cutting Knife-Perfect
- 1.4 4. Boning Knife 6 inch for Meat Fish Poultry Chicken Professional Kitchen Knife
- 1.5 5. Chef Knife Set Knives Kitchen Set
- 1.6 6. TUO Cutlery Vegetable Meat Cleaver Knife-Chinese Chef’s Knife
- 1.7 7. Victorinox Swiss Army Cutlery Fibrox Pro Curved Boning Knife
- 1.8 8. DALSTRONG-Shogun Series Slicer-Japanese AUS-10V Super Steel
- 1.9 9. Cuisinart CEK-40 Electric Knife
- 1.10 10. Dexter-Russell S112-10PCP Butcher Knife 10 Inch
- 2 Types of Meat Cutting Knifes
- 3 Factors to Consider When Buying Knives for Cutting Meat
- 4 Knives for Cutting Meat FAQ
- 5 Making the Decision
Our Top Recommended Knives for Cutting Meat
- Our Rating
The highest quality Japanese steel
Textured finger points provide slip resistance
- Our Rating
- 8-Inch Chefs knife
High-carbon stainless steel blade
Rockwell Hardness Scale: of 56-58
Handle Material Type: Pakkawood
- If you are looking for a knife that can perform the greatest variety of tasks, the Chef Knife Set Knives Kitchen Set – Stainless Steel Kitchen Knives Set Kitchen Knife Set with Stand – Plus Professional Knife Sharpener – 7 Piece Stainless Steel Cutlery Knives Set by Home Hero is our top recommendation. Whether you need a knife to cut raw meat, knives for carving, a simple utility knife, or a pairing knife, this set will include them. With a stainless steel blade, stand to display the knives, and extremely affordable price, this set should work for anyone.
- If you are someone who enjoys a lot of diverse meals featuring bread, vegetables and thick cuts of meat, our top recommendation is the Cuisinart CEK-40 Electric Knife. This knife features an electric motor and multiple blades to ensure that you are always able to cut through both bread and meat with ease.
- While the DALSTRONG – Shogun Series Slicer – Japanese AUS-10V Super Steel – Vacuum Treated – Guard Included (10″ Butcher-Breaking Cimitar Knife) may be more expensive than many of the others on the list. The unique design and corrosion resistance make it one of our favorite high-quality knives.
10 Best Knives for Cutting Meat on the Market:
If you are looking for the sharpest knife for cutting meat, this product is one of our favorites due to the quality of steel. It is also designed to be easy for the consumer to use, thanks to a handle that is made to protect against slipping.
- Does not require much pressure to cut
- Simple maintenance with whetstone to keep sharp
- Must be washed by hand
- Blade cover must be purchased separately
- Not good at cutting small or thin foods
When looking for cutting knives for meat, we were particularly impressed with this Imarku chef knife due to the quality of its design and its ability to remain functional for a long time. This knife also ranked highly with us due to the ability to use it for a variety of meat cutting purposes.
- Looks professional thanks to the chrome finish
- Good for cutting, dicing, chopping and slicing
- Not dishwasher safe
- Does not cut vegetables as well as meat
When looking for the right knife for cutting deer meat, this Shanasana carving knife exceeded our expectations. The knife truly lived up to promise of being able to carve meat to any level of thickness, regardless of the type of meat being cut.
- Dishwasher safe
- Can slice very thin or very thick cuts
- May need to be sharpened before first use
- Does not include protective cover for blade
This versatile boning knife is one of our favorites due to the sheer flexibility of its cutting skill. It is one of the best knives for cutting raw meat because you can easily cut around the bones. If you need a knife for cutting meat bones, this knife will be a great addition to your kitchen.
- Can be used for removing scales, making fillets, removing skin and trimming fat off of meat
- Do not have to be sharpened before first use
- Should be hand-washed and not put in dishwasher
- Will need to be sharpened weekly
If you cut a lot of meat, you may need more than a single knife. You might need a meat cutting knife set, and this one is one of our favorites thanks to the comprehensive nature of the set. No matter what type of meat you need to cut, you will likely be able to do so with this set.
- Base is sturdy and hard to tip over
- Good knife set for both professional chefs and amateur cooks
- Cleaning the stand can be difficult and requires taking it apart
- Includes non-stick paint which cannot be cleaned with harsh cleaners, such as steel wool.
If you work with a lot of raw meat, do a lot of hunting or simply cut a lot of thick pieces of meat, a cleaver will be the best knife for chopping meat. This cleaver is one of our favorites due to the sturdiness of the knife and the bold aesthetic that the design provides.
- Does not have to be sharpened when first removed from the box
- Weighs over half a pound
- Does not come with a case
If you are looking for a knife to cut through tough cuts of meat, this one will not work for you. But it will do an excellent job as a knife for cutting cooked meat or delicate meats such as fish.
- Suitable for cooks with any level of expertise
- Made for people who need to do the cutting job quickly
- Recommended for hand washing only
- Stains easily when excessive dish washing soap is used
If you are missing a butcher slicing knife in your collection of knives, this Dalstrong slicer will be a superior choice. It easily claims a spot as our favorite butcher knife due to the sleek design and superior cutting abilities.
- Resistant to rust and corrosion
- Comfortable grip
- Pricey so it may not be suitable for your budget
- Cannot handle fish or boning
When looking at knives designed to cut meat, many of our favorites were unable to handle bread as well. Do you love serving thick slices of rustic bread loaves alongside your steak? If so, this knife will be able to slice through both of them.
- One-button to control the power
- Includes a safety lock
- Comes with a serrated edge, making sharpening impossible
- Heavy motor results in loud noise while in use
Do you hate the idea of a thick slab of meat on your plate? Do you prefer only thin slices of delicious protein? If you are looking for the best knife for slicing meat thin, this Dexter-Russell model is our favorite due to its sleek design and ability to thinly cut through even the thickest meats.
- Does not need to be sharpened when it first comes out of the box
- Weight of more than half a pound and maybe too heavy
- The handle is made of plastic
Types of Meat Cutting Knifes
When you are looking for the best type of knife for cutting meat, you have four main choices to choose from, depending on what job you need the knife to perform.
They are an excellent steak slicing knife, but they can also be used to fillet and de-bone.
A cleaver’s large rectangular blade is designed to cut through thick meat and bone. Cleavers are rarely very sharp.
A skinning knife is preferred for hunters and people who spend a lot of time fishing. Their blades are generally short and thin.
Cimeter knives are used to cut large pieces of meat, such as roasts or ham.
Factors to Consider When Buying Knives for Cutting Meat
When you are buying knives for cutting meat, there are several factors to consider. Meat knives perform a variety of different functions, so it is important to know exactly what you are expecting the knife to do before you purchase it.
What do you need the knife to be able to do?
If you need a knife that cuts meat and vegetables equally well, not all knives designed to cut meat will be right for you.
You need to consider how much are you want to put into the knife.
Some knives will be sharp immediately out of the box, while other knives will need to be sharpened before you can use them.
Some knives will need a special knife sharpener, while serrated knives will most likely need their entire blades replaced.
Also, consider how often you are willing to hand wash your knives.
Whenever you are looking for a knife, make sure that you know whether or not it has to be hand-washed.
Determine how much you want to pay for your meat cutting knife. You can easily buy a knife for under $25, and you could also pay more than $100 for a knife.
Before you begin to shop for your knife, figure out how much you want to spend on the features that you think you need.
Knives for Cutting Meat FAQ
How Do I Clean My Meat Cutting Knife?
The instructions for cleaning will vary depending upon the knife. It is important to follow factory instructions on cleaning the knife, in order to prevent dulling or destroying the blade.
Do I Need a Butcher Knife or a Meat Cleaver?
While a butcher knife is a good knife for everyday common use in the kitchen some jobs may require a more forceful blade.
If you need a good chicken cutting knife or a mutton cutting knife, a cleaver can easily remove the backbone, ribs or other bones that are in the way. A butcher knife may shatter if you attempt to use it to remove these bones.
What Types of Knives Should I Include in My Kitchen?
The answer to this question depends on what type of cooking you do. However, in general, you should include at least a cleaver, a butcher knife, a carving knife, and a pairing knife.
Making the Decision
Our top pick for anyone looking for meat knives or a good knife for cutting steak is the Chef Knife Set Knives Kitchen Set. This set will help both amateur and professional chefs who need to have the right knife for their cooking needs.
But you must decide which knife is right for your cooking or hunting needs. Now that you have read this guide, you know what to look for when choosing the best knives for cutting meat.
Use the tips learned in this guide to make a smart choice that you can feel good about when buying a meat cutting knife.