10 Best Natural Gas Grills of 2020 for Outdoor BBQ
Natural gas grills are a phenomenal grilling option for people with natural gas plumbing in their homes. The best natural gas grills will give you the same experience as traditional grills with proper connection and assembly.
We’ve compiled a list of some of these top models based on our 10+ years of grilling experience. We’ve taken into account a multitude of characteristics such as size, BTU output, burner capacity, etc., and that has resulted in the list below.
- 1 Out Top Recommended Natural Gas Grills
- 2 10 Top Rated Natural Gas Grills on the Market Today:
- 2.1 1. Weber 49010001 Spirit II E-310 3-Burner Natural Gas Grill
- 2.2 2. Broil King 958247 Regal 590 NG Natural Gas Grill
- 2.3 3. Napoleon BILEX605RBINSS 100534143 Natural Gas Grills
- 2.4 4. Napoleon Grills LEX485RSIBNSS-1 Natural Gas Grill
- 2.5 5. Weber 57067001 Q3200 Natural Gas Grill
- 2.6 6. Weber 66001001 Genesis II S-310 NG Gas Grills, Stainless Steel
- 2.7 7. Napoleon Prestige 500 BBQ Grill, Stainless Steel, Natural Gas
- 2.8 8. Broil King 957887 Imperial XLS Gas Grill
- 2.9 9. Napoleon Prestige PRO 825 Natural Gas Grill
- 2.10 10. Weber 48070001 Spirit II E-210 NG Mocha Gas Grill
- 3 Conclusion
Out Top Recommended Natural Gas Grills
Before we dive into the full list, let’s take a look at our top three recommendations.
- Our Rating
- Total cooking area: 529 square inches
Dimensions: 52 x 26 x 57 in
- Our Rating
- Total Cooking Space: 875 Square Inches
55,000 BTUs on the main burner.
Dimensions: 62.5″ x 24.8″ x 49.2″
- Our top recommendation is the Weber Spirit II E-310 NG. This grill only has three burners, but is designed compactly and boasts the impressive GS4 grilling system. Additionally, it comes at an affordable and fair price.
- The second top recommendation is the Broil King Regal 590 NG. This grill has an incredible primary cooking space (not total space) of 625 square inches. Additionally, it pumps a high 55,000 BTUs on the main burners.
- Our third top recommendation is the Napoleon Grills Built-in Prestige 500. This unit is only the top part of the grill (the burner units, etc.) and is designed to be built into outdoor kitchen settings, but it pumps an impressive 66,000 BTUs from the main burners, of which there are five. Additionally, it has stainless steel WAVES cooking grids for increased efficiency in heating and cooking.
10 Top Rated Natural Gas Grills on the Market Today:
The next model falls among the best natural gas grills under $500. The Weber Spirit II E-310, like its smaller counterpart, boasts the GS4 grilling system and has two side tables.
This model sports three burners instead of two, has a built-in lid thermometer, and comes with a 10 foot, flexible, gas-line connection hose.
- The grill comes with a 10 year warranty that ensures your grill’s operation for at least that long
- Equipped with a GS4 grilling system that improves the efficiency of the grill and helps to maintain the unit over its life
- While consumers are mostly happy with the grill, some note issues with Amazon service and shipping this unit
In conclusion, the Weber Spirit II E-310 is another reasonable option from Weber, a reputable grill brand. While on the smaller end as far as grills go, the unit is under $500 and gets the job done.
The next model up in the best outdoor natural gas grills reviews is the Broil King Regal 590 NG Gas Grill. This grill is more akin to your standard grill size with five burners and a 55,000 BTU output. It also has one of the heaviest cooking grids for better heat retention and searing.
- Solid rod cooking grids are 56% heavier than standard comparable grills, which means more heat retention and deeper sear lines
- Assorted warranties on most parts of the grill ensure efficiency and worry-free operation for years
- Customers are not very keen on the customer service after buying the grill
In conclusion, the Broil King Regal 590 NG Gas Grill is a tremendous grill and also sports a sleek, clean aesthetic.
This next best, quality, outdoor natural gas grill is a build-in unit designed for outside kitchen setups. The Napoleon Grills Built-in BILEX605RBINSS has an incredible total cooking space of 605 square inches and boasts WAVE cooking grids for improved heat circulation and cooking.
- Utilizes five stainless steel, tube burners for increased efficiency and heat control while grilling
- Boasts a whopping 605 square inches of total cooking space, permitting you to grill plenty of food at the same time
- Does not come with a stand and side table support unit
The Napoleon Grills Built-in BILEX605RBINSS is a great option, and the top option, for anyone interested in an outdoor kitchen type of setup.
Next up is another Napoleon Grills model and it won’t be the last, as they clearly produce high-quality, good natural gas grills. The Napoleon Grills LEX485RSIBNSS-1 has a total cooking space of 805 square inches and sports six burners for maximum heating capabilities.
- Very large cooking space allows you to grill up to 24 burgers at once, or multiples of your preferred grilled foods
- Utilizes a ceramic infrared bottom and rear burner to increase heating efficiency/help you fully cook your food
- A sizable group of consumers claim that the grill parts are poorly manufactured and don’t hold up very long, if at all
In conclusion, the Napoleon Grills LEX485RSIBNSS-1 is a strong natural gas grill option. It has six burners to match some of the best standard model grills available and has a tremendous amount cooking space.
Weber, producer of great natural gas grills, provides us with the sixth model in review. The Weber Q3200 is a two burner, two side table grill model that is designed compactly and has two large wheels for maneuverability.
It comes with a built-in lid thermometer and sports easy-start electronic ignition and infinite control burner valve settings.
- The side tables are removable so you can use them for working on while grilling or store them away to save space around the grill
- The grill is lightweight and therefore easy to handle and maneuver
- Some consumers note receiving a damaged or incomplete parts grill
The Weber Q3200 is a great natural gas grill for someone with minimal space or someone looking for a small grill for cooking for a small audience.
Weber is seemingly the top brand in the market for creating the best natural gas grills under $1000. The Weber Genesis II S-310 is another three burner model from Weber and is compatible with the iGrill3 accessory (not included). This model also comes with a 10 year warranty.
- Heats up quickly and stays hot so you don’t have to worry about potentially undercooking your food
- The large total cooking space lets you cook for the whole party at pretty much the same time
- No built-in pressure regulator for gas intake (which if not properly regulated can be quite dangerous)
In conclusion, the Weber Genesis II S-310 is another well-built, natural gas grill from Weber and provides the most cooking space out of all of the models by Weber previously reviewed.
Up next is yet another Napoleon Grills model. The Napoleon Grills Prestige 500 is the full model of the previously reviewed Prestige 500 Build-in model.
This grill has four main burners, an infrared rear burner, and an infrared side burner. It has a large cooking space of 760 square inches and 48,000 BTUs output.
- Ability to cook up to 30 burgers on the main burners and up to eight more on the side burner simultaneously is advantageous for gatherings and barbecues
The Napoleon Grills Prestige 500 is a fantastic natural gas grill and has a tremendous amount of cooking space. You can cook for your family or the whole block, no problem.
This next Broil King natural gas grill is a behemoth of a grill with incredible abilities and features. The Broil King Regal XLS Pro NG has six burners for large scale grilling and also has a rotisserie burner and side burner. It has six locking wheels and three doors below the grill model that provides storage space for tools, etc.
- Six main burners, a side burner, and a rotisserie burner allow for a total cooking space north of 1,000 square inches that at least practically allows you to cook for the whole neighborhood
- Assorted warranties ensure the various parts of your grill remain in working condition for years
- Consumes note issues with proper delivery and customer service (not the grill itself)
The Broil King Regal XLS Pro NG is an expensive grill, but its worth the pocket-burn. It provides plenty of space and an array of burners for a full grilling/cooking experience.
This final grill in the review is similar to the King Broil model just previously reviewed. The PRO 825, another Napoleon natural gas grills option, boasts a total output of 123,000 BTUs and has six main burners, an infrared rear burner, and an infrared side burner.
It also boasts the largest total cooking space of any model on the list at 1,430 square inches.
- Humongous cooking space is sure to be plenty and likely more than you need for standard grillings and barbecues
- LED knobs and interior lights make grilling at night a bit easier to navigate and add a cool aesthetic to your grill
The Napoleon PRO 825 is the largest grill on the list and is undoubtedly the most powerful model on the list. It comes at an astronomically high price but if you’re considering it, it will not disappoint.
Kicking off the list is the best natural gas BBQ grill in review, the Weber Spirit II E-210 NG. The combination of compact design, the GS4 grilling system, and the affordable price brings this model to top of the list naturally.
- Total cooking space of 360 square inches allows you to prepare a various foods or multiple burgers, steaks, etc. at one time
- Comes with a 10 year warranty, guaranteeing operation for at least that long
- A few consumers note poor customer service after purchase
In conclusion, the Weber Spirit II E-210 NG is the best natural gas grill for the money. It’s affordable, functional, and also has a decent primary cooking space that allows you to grill plenty despite its size.
As we can see from the list, the best natural gas grills can vary in how they outperform one another. Some are designed to be high-end, highly powerful models and some are designed to be simple to use, efficient natural gas grills.
Our top recommendation is the Weber 49010001 Spirit II E-310 with its compact design and ten year warranty guaranteeing an efficient grill for years.
If you’re looking for something with a bit more capability, perhaps you should consider the Broil King Regal 590 NG Gas Grill. This five burner, 55,000 BTUs output grill is powerful and affordable.
However, there are plenty of options available on the market and your interests may lie in other models. No matter the models you’re considering, be sure to analyze and compare similar features to ensure you’re getting all you’re looking for. So get your natural gas grill now and get cooking