10 Best Pizza Stones for Gas Grill 2020
Did the last pizza you prepared at home come out with a doughy crust rather than soft and crispy? Were the toppings melted properly? If not, a good pizza stone can help give your pizza that freshly made pizza oven taste that you get in restaurants. You can experience the great taste of a pie made in a pizza oven in your own home oven. After extensively researching and testing many different stones, we found the following to be the best pizza stones for gas grill.
Our goal is to provide you with the information necessary to make an informed decision when purchasing your next pizza stone.
- 1 List of 10 Best Pizza Stones for Gas Grill on the Market Today:
- 1.1 1. Pizza Stone for Best Crispy Crust Pizza
- 1.2 2. Emile Henry Made in France Flame Top Pizza Stone
- 1.3 3. Unicook Small Pizza Stone
- 1.4 4. Kamado Joe KJ-PS23 Pizza Stone
- 1.5 5. Weber 8836 Gourmet BBQ System Pizza Stone
- 1.6 6. Pizza Stone for Best Crispy Crust Pizza, Rectangular
- 1.7 7. Unicook Heat Deflector Stone
- 1.8 8. NerdChef Steel Stone High-Performance Baking Surface for Pizza
- 1.9 9. UNICOOK Heavy Duty Ceramic Pizza Grilling Stone
- 1.10 10. Pizzacraft 15 Square ThermaBond Baking Pizza Stone
- 2 Conclusion
Our Top Recommended Pizza Stones for Gas Grill
- Our Rating
- Size: 14" Round Stone
Thermarite absorbs more moisture –superior heat retention & transfer
Up to 2,000 Fahrenheit
- Our Rating
- Weighs only 5.7 pounds, making it easy to handle
Made of all natural materials
up to 900 degrees Fahrenheit.
List of 10 Best Pizza Stones for Gas Grill on the Market Today:
Made with Thermarite, a Cordierite that has been specially formulate, this pizza stone offers durability and provides an even heat transfer resulting in crusts that are browned evenly just like a pizza oven.
This stone can be used in your oven or on the grill due to the protection provided by the Thermarite. It does not absorb odors, so there is never a smell.
- Needs no pre-seasoning
- Does not have finger holes or handles
Whether you want a pizza stone for grill and oven, the Emile Henry produces evenly browned crusts and melted toppings.
The stone can even be used under the broiler as it can handle temperatures up to 900 degrees Fahrenheit. Cleanup is easy. The stone can be hand-washed or placed in the dishwasher. Side handles make handling easier.
- The stone can go straight from the freezer to a hot grill or oven, or the microwave.
- With good heat retention, it keeps food hot longer.
- The stone cannot be used on the stove top.
As a stone for baking frozen or fresh pizza, the Unicook Small Pizza Stone works well for cookies, bread, biscuits, and other items. This small pizza stone for grill can also be used in a conventional or counter top oven.
It is 10.25 inches, so it is the right size for personal pizzas as well. This stone can handle temperatures up to 1450 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Can handle temperatures up to 1450 degrees Fahrenheit without cracking.
- Must be preheated or it will not cook evenly
If cooking a pizzeria-style pizza is important, the Kamado Joe KJ-PS23 is a stone that will deliver. This ceramic stone distributes heat evenly for a crispier crust and eliminates moisture that causes pizzas to be soggy. It is fifteen inches in diameter, one of the larger ones we have reviewed, making it a good choice for the family or parties.
- Can be used for baking bread, cookies, and casseroles as well as pizzas
- To avoid burning your pizza, you must use the Kamada Joe Heat Deflector with this stone.
The Weber 8836 pizza stone was designed for use with the Gourmet BBQ System to allow users the best pizza stone for charcoal grill. This will add a smoky flavor to your pizza, and remain in place while cooking. The stone is made of Cordierite so it absorbs excess moisture for a pizza that is crispy and uniformly baked.
- Fits in the removable grate of the Weber BBQ Systems, so it does not move while cooking
- The stone will sometimes crack when used on a grill.
Made with Thermarite, this pizza stone is durable and thermal shock resistant. A rectangular pizza stone, it measure 14” x 16”; therefore, making a large pizza is no problem. You can get brick oven results right in your own home using this pizza stone. It is also a bbq safe pizza stone, making grilling your pizza easier.
- Comes with instructions for care and use. Also included is a scraper and a free recipe e-book.
- The pizza can stick to the stone on occasion.
The largest stone on our list, the Unicook Heat Deflector is 17” in diameter, including the handles. The inside part that holds your pizza is 13” in diameter. It is also a good choice for baking or slow smoking meats such as chicken, briskets, or ribs. It is heat safe up to 1450 degrees Fahrenheit.
- When using it on the grill for smoking different types of meat, it keeps the meat tender and moist.
- It is made of Cordierite and absorbs moisture for crispier pizza crusts and uniform cooking of toppings.
- It is not dishwasher safe.
Find out the how to reheat pizza in the oven, make your pizza tasty and hot enough even if it reheated.
You can bake a round or square pizza using the NerdChef Steel Stone. A generous 16” x 14.25” makes it a good choice for baking pizza for the entire family.
This stone is our top pick as a best rectangular pizza stone, and it is made in the USA with low carbon, laser cut American steel. It can be cared for the same as cast iron and is unbreakable.
- Using ice underneath it allows it to be used as plate for cold items or dry ice can be used to make ice cream.
- It can be used for baking other items in the oven with no sticking.
- The stone weighs sixteen pounds and should be handled carefully to avoid injury.
This Unicook pizza stone can be used to bake cookies and bread in addition to turning out a pizza with a perfectly browned crust. It is a pizza baking stone for grill as well as the oven. It comes with a scraper for removing anything left on the stone after using and can be used as a dough cutter.
- Withstands thermal shock
- Can handle temperatures up to 1450 degrees Fahrenheit
- Pizza or other food can stick to the surface if you do not sprinkle flour or cornmeal on it before each use.
- It is not dishwasher safe, but should only be washed with warm water. Using detergents or soap will leave an aftertaste that can affect food.
On our list of pizza stones, the Pizzacraft is the only one that features two stones, each 15” x 15”, so making enough pizza for large families or a get-together is much simpler. This stone can be used in your oven or on the grill for evenly cooked, crispy crust pizzas or for bread, and other baked goods.
- Easy to clean with just hot water and a scrubber
- The stones do not have finger holes or handles and weigh a combined 21.5 pounds
All of the stones we have reviewed are good choices for pizza as well as cooking other foods. Some are larger, some are better for cooking meats than others.
However, our top pick is the NerdChef Steel Stone. After researching many pizza stones, we recommend this one as the best. It is a good price for the quality. Made from solid steel, it will not break, and it is guaranteed for life.
If you are looking for the best pizza stone, order the NerdChef Steel Stone today and start enjoying the taste of brick oven, pizzeria-style pizza soon