10 Best Indoor Electric Grills for Steaks in 2020
Grilling is a unique way to cook your food and sometimes the conditions just don’t allow for you to grill. That’s why you need to get the best smokeless indoor grills so you can keep the grilling going no matter the condition or place. But how do you know which models are best?
We’ve used our grill experience to narrow down a list of the top models on the market. By comparing characteristics such as versatility, temperature ranges, dishwasher safe-ness, etc., we’re able to recommend specific top models to you.
- 1 Our Recommended Smokeless Indoor Grills
- 2 10 Top Rated Smokeless Indoor Grills on the Market:
- 2.1 1. Hamilton Beach Electric Indoor Searing Grill
- 2.2 2. George Foreman 15-Serving Indoor-Outdoor Electric Grill
- 2.3 3. T-fal OptiGrill XL Stainless Steel Large Indoor Electric Grill
- 2.4 4. DeLonghi BG24 Perfecto Indoor Grill
- 2.5 5. Cuisinart GR-150 Griddler Deluxe
- 2.6 6. PowerXL Smokeless Grill with Tempered Glass Lid
- 2.7 7. Philips Kitchen Appliances Smoke-less Indoor BBQ Grill
- 2.8 8. Presto 09020 Cool Touch Electric Indoor Grill
- 2.9 9. Hamilton Beach 3-in-1 Electric Indoor Grill + Griddle
- 2.10 10. Zojirushi EB-CC15 Indoor Electric Grill
- 3 Conclusion
Our Recommended Smokeless Indoor Grills
We’ll begin the review with our top three recommendations.
- Our first top recommendation is the Hamilton Beach Electric Indoor Searing Grill. This grill reaches a maximum temperature of 450ºF and has a windowed lid that allows you to keep an eye on your food while it’s cooking. It also has power and pre-heat indicator lights to let you know when your grill is good to go.
- The next top recommendation is the George Foreman 15-Serving Indoor/Outdoor Electric Grill. This George Foreman model has one of the largest cooking spaces of the models in review and also comes with a removable stand for versatility.
- Our third, and final, top recommendation is the T-fal OptiGrill XL Stainless Steel Large Indoor Electric Grill. This model comes equipped with nine auto cooking programs and a frozen mode for pre-frozen meals. Additionally, the plates are entirely dishwasher safe. So, let’s check out the entire list.
10 Top Rated Smokeless Indoor Grills on the Market:
The first model we’ll check out in the best smokeless grills review is the Hamilton Beach Electric Indoor Searing Grill. This grill has a windowed lid for transparency while cooking (helps prevent over- or undercooking). Inside the lid is a grill hood and the unit also has a large drip tray.
- The large drip tray protects your countertops from grease and can easily slide out for cleaning
- Windowed lid allows you to peep at your food without disrupting the cooking process
- Some consumers note the clips that hold the windowed lid are extremely sharp
In conclusion, Hamilton Beach Electric Indoor Searing Grill is a great smokeless grill option and our top recommendation for its quality at a fair price.
The next model, our second top recommendation in these best indoor smokeless electric grills reviews, is the George Foreman 15-Serving Indoor/Outdoor Electric Grill.
This grill has a large cooking surface of 240 square inches and can cook about 15 burgers/servings at once. Impressively, it’s also apartment approved so you do’t have to worry about agitating your landlord or being unsafe.
- Comes with a versatile, removable stand for using on countertops or standing alone
- Sports a non-stick coating so you don’t have to worry about your food being ruined by sticking to the grill
- One consumer has noted chips to the grill surface after a few uses
The George Foreman 15-Serving Indoor/Outdoor Electric Grill is a great second option for a smokeless, indoor grill. Being apartment approved is a huge plus and makes it more appealing.
The best indoor electric grills will allow you to cook an array of food and a decent amount at once, too. The T-fal OptiGrill XL provides just that experience.
This grill has a cooking space of 315 square inches and comes with nine auto cooking options for an assortment of meats. The drip tray and plates are both dishwasher safe as well.
- Die cast, aluminum nonstick plates help to release food with no hassle and the drip tray and plates are dishwasher-safe
- A notable size of consumers report the grill breaking or becoming faulty after a few uses
In conclusion, the T-fal OptiGrill XL is the most versatile model in review thus far. If you plan to use your indoor, smokeless grill for a wide array of foods, this is the model for you.
This next model in the indoor electric grill reviews is the first model on the list with a full glass lid. The DeLonghi BG24 Perfecto Indoor Grill has a much smaller cooking surface than the previously reviewed models at only 72 square inches.
The plates are non-stick and easy to wipe clean. Additionally, the thermostat is detachable (for storage) and adjustable.
- You have a full view of the food you’re grilling with the fully-glass lid so you’ll never over- or undercook
- Has a smaller total cooking space than most comparable models
The DeLonghi BG24 Perfecto Indoor Grill is great for those looking for a compact, small smokeless grill for countertop use. The fully tempered glass lid is ideal for keeping track of your foods progress.
This next indoor kitchen grill does a little more than just grill. The Cuisinart GR-150 Griddler Deluxe has six different cooking modes: a contact grill, a panini press, a full and half griddle, and a full and half grill.
It also adds a top melt feature making it one of the most versatile models on the market. It’s cooking space is large enough at 240 square inches, but note that that’s with the lid open.
- 6-in-1 cooking options makes this grill versatile and great for a variety of cooking occasions
- Has a maximum temperature ceiling of 500ºF, which is ideal for searing food
- Some consumers report running into issues and not receiving much customer service
In conclusion, the Cuisinart GR-150 Griddler Deluxe is great if you’re looking for a model with more capabilities than grilling. Its maximum temperature of 500ºF is also a selling point, being one of the highest thresholds on the market.
The next best smokeless, indoor, electric grill in review is the PowerXL Smokeless Grill with Tempered Glass Lid. This model, as the name suggests, has a fully glass lid so that you can keep an eye on your foods progress.
This unit utilizes a Turbo Smoke Extraction feature and has a removable drip tray for easy cleaning. The PowerXL grill also sports an LED smart temperature control system for proper temperature moderation.
- Interchangeable griddle and grill surface allows for versatile cooking ability; glass lid allows you to see your food throughout the cooking process
- LED temperature control is easy to use and the unit can max out at 450ºF
- Some consumers question the 450ºF temperature ceiling, claiming they cannot get the grill that hot
The PowerXL Smokeless Grill with Tempered Glass Lid is a serviceable little indoor grill and is perfect for countertop use. It comes at an affordable price and the temperature control system makes cooking easy.
The Philips Kitchen Appliances Smoke-less Indoor BBQ Grill is the next model in review, slotting in at the ninth spot.
This indoor barbecue grill has a moderate cooking space of 115 square inches, which isn’t a ton, but it’s also not too little. This model operates via advanced infrared technology and reflectors that guide heat into the cooking grid.
It heats to a consistent 446ºF, although that temperature isn’t adjustable.
- No need to adjust temperature, the reflectors keep the grill consistently heated at 446ºF
- The grill plate is dishwasher safe for convenient and simple cleaning
- Consumers claim the unit malfunctions rather frequently (some have even had hardware melting)
The Philips Kitchen Appliances Smoke-less Indoor BBQ Grill is in a class of its own thanks its unique heating mechanism. The infrared technology heats the grill to a consistent temperature and maintains it so you don’t have to hover by the grill while it’s working.
The final electric, kitchen grill in review is the Presto 09020 Cool Touch Electric Indoor Grill. The unit utilizes a Control Master heat control system that maintains the proper cooking temperature automatically, but you’re able to adjust it to your desire as well.
The grease automatically falls toward the drip tray for easy cleanup. The plate is also dishwasher safe to simplify things further.
- Control Master maintains proper cooking temperature automatically while also providing adjustability
- Comes with a spatula for added value
- No lid for protecting from grease popping off of food and the grill
The Presto 09020 Cool Touch Electric Indoor Grill is great for simple countertop grilling. The grill plate isn’t perforated so you get a bit of griddle experience but it comes at one of the most affordable price points of all the models in review.
The Hamilton Beach 3-in-1 Electric Indoor Grill + Griddle is the next indoor cooking grill we’ll check out. This grill has 3-in-1 versatility being capable of being a full griddle, a full grill, or a half griddle/half grill.
This allows you to cook separate types of food at once and even the whole meal together. It has a moderate cooking space of 180 square inches, which is plenty for most things you might grill.
The heat is of course adjustable and there is a grease tray situated between the two plate-sides of the grill.
- Reversible plate allows you to either grill or cook on a griddle
- Two independent cooking areas allows you to cook different foods at the same time; cook your entire meal at once
- Some consumers claim that the drip tray doesn’t collect all of the grease and over time this creates a buildup
In conclusion, the Hamilton Beach 3-in-1 Electric Indoor Grill + Griddle is one of the more unique models on the list and comes highly recommended thanks to its reversible grill/griddle plates.
The next portable indoor grill, the Zojirushi EB-CC15 Indoor Electric Grill, is similar in form to the PowerXL model without a glass lid. With a variable heat range of 176ºF – 410ºF, this grill is capable of cooking many different foods to perfection.
The unit sports cool-touch handles and housing so that it remains safe to touch while in use (NOT THE GRILL PLATE). The entire model disassembles easily so cleaning is simple; the drip tray is also dishwasher safer.
- The entire grill disassembles easily for dishwashing the entire unit
- Cool-touch handles and housing keep the grill unit safe while in use
- A few consumers note the plates not retaining heat at the maximum temperature setting
The Zojirushi EB-CC15 Indoor Electric Grill is another solid option to consider for your smokeless grill. However, not having a lid, this unit requires a heightened sense of awareness while using it for safety purposes.
There are so many variations of smokeless grills on the market and the options might seem overwhelming.
We consider the Hamilton Beach Electric Indoor Searing Grill to be the best smokeless, indoor grill on the market thanks to its durable design with an indoor hood and windowed lid for easy progress tracking.
Perhaps the grill form is a bit much for you, and if that’s the case we suggest you consider the George Foreman 15-Serving Indoor/Outdoor Electric Grill. The versatility of being able to be used on a stand or countertop is more convenient than you could imagine.
Regardless of the model that’s caught your eye, be sure to compare its specs to other models to ensure you’re covering your bases and getting everything you want out of it.
With so many great options on the market, it’s hard to make a poor decision. So get your smokeless, indoor grill today to juice up your kitchen life!