Monument 4-Burner Propane Grill Review in 2020
Not all propane grills are created equally. When choosing which grill to buy for yourself, you’ll want to consider things like unique features, ease of use, durability, and quality of cooking before you commit to one grill over another.
We want to make the search for a grill easier for you by reviewing one of the top sellers in the propane grill industry: the Monument Clearview 4-Burner Gas Grill. This is widely considered to be one of the best 4 burner propane grill options on the market, so we tried it out ourselves.
Monument Clearview 4-Burner Gas Grill – Review
The Monument Clearview is an affordable gas grill option with several features that make it different from other options in its price bracket. It features 4 individual burners that each have their own temperature control knobs, making it easy to adjust the temperature of the separate grill grates.
Outside of the main grill hood, there is an additional standard burner on one side and a ceramic searing burner on the other.
This is plenty of space to cook for small gatherings and family meals.
The grill grate is cast iron coated in porcelain, so it is incredibly durable. This material is resistant to rust and sticking, and it’s easy to clean than non-coated options.
Utensil and tool hooks are featured beneath the shelves, and a bottom cabinet hides away the grill’s propane tank for a more aesthetically pleasing design.
- The best benefit that you’ll find with the Monument Clearview 4-Burner Gas Grill is the ability to sear meats after cooking. The ceramic sear burner gets incredibly hot.
- The fact that this burner is located on the left shelf instead of inside the grill’s hood with the rest of the burners allows for both searing and cooking to happen at the same time.
- You won’t need to change temperatures or wait to free up space under the grill’s hood.
- Another benefit of this grill is that is far outperforms other grills when cooking at mid-range temperatures.
- While the sear burner works best at high temps, the inside burners are great for cooking meats slower at more moderate temps. The grill evenly distributes this heat and allows for an incredibly even cook every time.
- It’s also great that this grill doesn’t require you to lift the lid when checking on your food. Lifting the hood allows heat to escape, changing cooking times and creating uneven temperatures.
- The Clearview window, however, lets you monitor how your food looks inside the grill until you’re sure it’s ready.
- Although it cooks wonderfully at mid-range temperatures, this grill seems to have a hot-spot issue when the burners are turned all the way up.
- At the highest setting, meat in the back cooks noticeably faster than the meat towards the front center.
- Of course, this can be dealt with by rotating meat to the hotter areas of the grill, but this can be annoying and means the hood has to be lifted more often.
- The grill’s window is a fantastic feature, but it does require some additional maintenance.
- Grease and smoke can quickly make it difficult to see through the window clearly, so it takes some extra cleaning and prepping time to get the most use out of it.
Despite the couple of minor flaws we mentioned, the Monument Clearview is still one of the best 4 burner stainless steel gas grill options you can get your hands on. The benefits far outweigh any issues, and the cons we noted can be dealt with with a litte extra patience.
Insights and Takeaways
The Monument Clearview 4-Burner Gas Grill is a unique and budget-friendly propane grill option. One of the most popular grills currently on the market, its additional features set it apart from many other grills you’ll see.
The clear hood window, side ceramic searing burner, LED knobs, and grill tool hooks make this a great value when compared to other options.
Although hot spots may be encountered with the inside burner’s highest temperatures, this issue can be addressed by cooking meats slower at moderate temperatures inside the grill and then searing them with the side burner afterwards.
Overall, all of the unique features and the grill’s great performance make us understand why it has been such a popular product among grill enthusiasts and budget shoppers alike.